Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Somehow my seat reservations on my flight to EZE in May were removed and now both LH and LX websites show only seats 1D and 1G available. Expertflyer shows 1K (window, my preference) as unoccupied- the flight was booked through Lufthansa. Any insight into what might be causing that discrepancy?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar
Somehow my seat reservations on my flight to EZE in May were removed and now both LH and LX websites show only seats 1D and 1G available. Expertflyer shows 1K (window, my preference) as unoccupied- the flight was booked through Lufthansa. Any insight into what might be causing that discrepancy?
Could be bassinet or facility seat, call the LH First Class hotline, they should be able to explain what happened, they can also speak with their colleagues at LX.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 3:44 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Anyone know why I suddenly cannot change, not even look at my seat reservations in the LX app or homepage? It is a paid ticket, not an award ticket. I could make changes a couple of weeks ago,…

I can only retrieve in the LH app. Very weird. 4 LX segments.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Not helpful to you, but I have had the same problem for weeks. Didn't realize the app would work - so thanks for that.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: many
LX has been a real piece of work. Does anyone know why they've booted me from my seat assignments four times (it is not a bassinet, not blocked, not HON, not a prepay seat), on both longhaul and intra-europe for no reason?

The first time I called LX and they said they had an equipment change, which was completely false, it was the same exact aircraft on all legs and remains so. The other times I have not even bothered calling them and go back in and reassign the seats. The LX website sucks and simply spins, their app is okay but not nearly as useful as the LH app. I feel for anyone who purchases a premium seat, gets booted and cannot get their preferred seat back. .
Old Mar 22, 2022, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar
Try asking the LH F hotline to submit a generic seat request for a window seat (rather than choosing a specific seat number) - I think that worked for me recently.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Suggestion need for a couple traveling together. Partner and I are flying ZRH-JFK aboard a A333.

Currently reserved us in 11k and 14k - are these throne seats?

Any better suggested options for us flying as a couple?

Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by vivrant
Suggestion need for a couple traveling together. Partner and I are flying ZRH-JFK aboard a A333.

Thanks!
Technically the "throne" seats are the ones marked in blue on the left side of the plane.

The seats you have are direct aisle access but closer to the windows which, IMHO, is the next best thing.
vivrant and STBCypriot like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by vivrant

Thanks!
Since you say you are a couple traveling together, why don't you pick seats that are actually together? I'd go for 5AC over two single seats especially on a day flight...
vivrant likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MichielR
Since you say you are a couple traveling together, why don't you pick seats that are actually together? I'd go for 5AC over two single seats especially on a day flight...
Thanks and good point - I just switched us over to 5 A & C.
MichielR likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
I'm 6'4" and often have problems with bed length & footwell size.

Flying in biz on an A340 and currently have the option of 6A (throne bulkhead), 12A (throne) and 4K (aisle bulkhead).

Is 6A the one to choose here because of larger footwell? It is ex-ZRH so I probably won't be sleeping, was thinking that 4k might be nice also, in the smaller forward cabin.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by joachimm
I'm 6'4" and often have problems with bed length & footwell size.

Flying in biz on an A340 and currently have the option of 6A (throne bulkhead), 12A (throne) and 4K (aisle bulkhead).

Is 6A the one to choose here because of larger footwell? It is ex-ZRH so I probably won't be sleeping, was thinking that 4k might be nice also, in the smaller forward cabin.
Both 6A and 4K have a wide footwell, but 6A is a throne (enclosed on both sides) whereas 4K on the A343 is more open, with just a small armrest separating you from the aisle. If length of the bed is the only concern then 6A has a bit more privacy, if width of the seat in sleep position is important then 4K might be preferable.
joachimm likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: UA
Not sure if this fits here, but I booked a business class ticket on Swiss through United from ZRH to LAX. Based on my reading of this website, I think I should be able to pick a seat in advance. The flight is not a United codeshare flight. However, when I try to do so on the Swiss website, it offers seat selections for $200 or something. Do I need to call or something? Thanks.

Last edited by angetenar; Apr 14, 2022 at 11:35 am Reason: More details
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
You are able to pick a seat online, but there are certain preferential seats (the "throne" seats for example; solo seats on the side) that require payment. However, those seats, if not taken/purchased in advance, are available to everyone 24-48 hours in advance of the flight.

I would find the Swiss record locater number in your United Reservation and use that on the Swiss website to pick/reserve your (free) seat in advance. Then, 24-48 hours before departure check to see if you can select a throne seat free of charge.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Just to post my experience this week- I was able to select non-throne seats prior to 48 hours before checkin. Throne seats could only be purchased at this time since I'm not SEN.

Then at around T-48 I could not select or change seats. In some cases I was able to select but it never saved, and in others I got an immediate error saying it wasn't allowed.

I was only able to check in at T-22.5 (not 23 as the website said or 24 hrs as is common) but at this point I could select a seat and was able to get a throne, 4A. Not the best user experience but happy with the outcome. Unless I should have chosen 5K... ugh.
freakazoid likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.