Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: Chase, United
Ok, now that I see recent reports of changes to seat availability, in preparation for reporting back my experience to come shortly:

So there are HON/SEN reserved seats, with stars.
And there are paid seats, in blue.

The old wisdom was that both blue and star seats were available to all at T-48. New reports are that only the blue seats are available to all at T-48. Questions:

0. Was this just a glitch in some cases, or a new policy?
1. Some suggestion that star seats cannot be gotten at T-48 online, but can be gotten by calling in at that time. But this was unclear.
2. Are all seats (blue and star) available at OLCI? (OLCI is said on Swiss site to be *23* hours prior??)
Old May 21, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Flying Swiss in Business for the first time on a 777 from SFO to ZRH. Trying to figure out which throne seat is best for me. I currently have 7A reserved as I read it has excellent leg room but also read that row 14 is quieter. Also, I'm guessing the bassinet seats will be up front near 7A. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Uh Clem; May 22, 2019 at 9:54 am
Old May 21, 2019, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Uh Clem
Flying Swiss in Business for the first time on a 777 from SFO to ZHR. Trying to figure out which throne seat is best for me. I currently have 7A reserved as I read it has excellent leg room but also read that row 14 is quieter. Also, I'm guessing the bassinet seats will be up front near 7A. Any suggestions?
bassinets would be in 6d 6g, I think, as shown in these pics:
https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....usiness-class/

I’ve only flown Swiss 777 business four times, or so, but no babies in my memory. Small sample size. Not sure how frequent.

Last edited by zoechow; May 21, 2019 at 10:52 pm Reason: Mistake fixed
Old May 22, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Originally Posted by zoechow

bassinets would be in 6d 6g, I think, as shown in these pics:
https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....usiness-class/

I’ve only flown Swiss 777 business four times, or so, but no babies in my memory. Small sample size. Not sure how frequent.
I did a search on youtube and found a video posted by a guy in seat 7A on a flight from Montreal to Zurich. You can hear a baby crying through much of the video. Changed my seat to 14A.
Dhamal and zoechow like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by zoechow
Ok, now that I see recent reports of changes to seat availability, in preparation for reporting back my experience to come shortly:
So there are HON/SEN reserved seats, with stars.
And there are paid seats, in blue.
The old wisdom was that both blue and star seats were available to all at T-48. New reports are that only the blue seats are available to all at T-48. Questions:
0. Was this just a glitch in some cases, or a new policy?
1. Some suggestion that star seats cannot be gotten at T-48 online, but can be gotten by calling in at that time. But this was unclear.
2. Are all seats (blue and star) available at OLCI? (OLCI is said on Swiss site to be *23* hours prior??)
So shortly after, but not exactly at, T-48, the blue or pay thrones became free. 14a for some reason was unselectable. I didn't try 7a, fearing babies in bassinets. Star seats still blocked.
linglingfool likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:19 pm

At check in almost every seat was taken, so no way to check if starred opened.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:22 am

Follow up on my recent flight on the 777-300 from SFO to ZRH. I ended up choosing seat 14A and have no complaints. I slept over six hours which is a record for me as I usually have a difficult time sleeping on flights. The fact that the flight left at around 8:00 PM and I took 1/2 a Xanax probably helped. Seat was fine. Having the table between you and the isle provided a feeling of privacy. Foot room was a little tight when the seat was flat but with my shoes off it didn't really bother me. Glad I didn't choose 7A. There were no crying babies but one of the times when I used the restroom there was a short line which backed up to the opening of 7A and I'm not a fan of people standing next to my seat on flights. Seat Guru mentions that the window in 14A is not lined up with the seat but there was no issue looking out the window when we were landing. I just moved my head up a few inches and was able to see out just fine. Overall it was an excellent flight. Only complaint would be there wasn't a very large selection of American TV shows but since I was sleeping for more than half the flight it wasn't that much of an issue.
Dhamal and zoechow like this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Uh Clem
Follow up on my recent flight on the 777-300 from SFO to ZRH. I ended up choosing seat 14A and have no complaints. I slept over six hours which is a record for me as I usually have a difficult time sleeping on flights. The fact that the flight left at around 8:00 PM and I took 1/2 a Xanax probably helped. Seat was fine. Having the table between you and the isle provided a feeling of privacy. Foot room was a little tight when the seat was flat but with my shoes off it didn't really bother me. Glad I didn't choose 7A. There were no crying babies but one of the times when I used the restroom there was a short line which backed up to the opening of 7A and I'm not a fan of people standing next to my seat on flights. Seat Guru mentions that the window in 14A is not lined up with the seat but there was no issue looking out the window when we were landing. I just moved my head up a few inches and was able to see out just fine. Overall it was an excellent flight. Only complaint would be there wasn't a very large selection of American TV shows but since I was sleeping for more than half the flight it wasn't that much of an issue.
Sounds almost identical to my flight this week in 15k lax to zrh. Footspace was ok, not nice but workable for this relatively small person, and I seem to have slept about 6 (barely had time for 2 movies watching when awake).
Uh Clem likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:01 am

One more data point: found that star seats were blocked even after OLCI for today's flight. Thrones were available, but not starred seats.
linglingfool and zoechow like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:47 am

T-47.5 and neither thrones nor stars open yet.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:19 am

So somewhere around t-45 the blue marks disappeared and the thrones seemed to open. Starred HONSEN seats still show star and unselectable (for me). However, selecting a throne, while it seems to work, always reverts to back to my old seat. I called in, and this is interesting. He cannot put me in a throne — they are “blocked”. *But* he can freely put me in a starred HONSEN seat (5k on A330).
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:34 am

A330 Business: not as nice as 777. I was convinced by those who like single seats on the window, odd k seats, to try it. More foot room a bit but I think I prefer a throne. Unless the feet are tighter in a330 than 777. Not sure.

Thiight the mini cabin might feel tight and did at first but then it is just fine.

5k can hear toilet flush. This is a day flight but not good for night.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Does anyone know if the CS300 exit row (12) is worth a premium seat fee for a 2 hour flight? If all seats are about the same, I’ll just try to get a free one at check in.

Last edited by DesertRat; Jun 26, 2019 at 11:44 pm
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:55 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by DesertRat
Does anyone know if the CS300 exit row (12) is worth a premium seat fee for a 2 hour flight? If all seats are about the same, I’ll just try to get a free one at check in.
In my opinion it is not worth any cent to reserve those seats. If you're lucky and they're still free you can select them at OLCI.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SPG Platinum
I'll be flying on Swiss for the first time in December, we snagged a 'fly with me first' companion deal. LHR - BOM in F.

This will be on the A330 so not a great deal of choice anyway but wanted to get any tips. We both really enjoyed doing the same on LH F in the two seats in row 1 (747).

Would one window and one isle work or are the only realistic choices the two in the middle?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.