LX Seating-thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:05 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
Hello, LX Seat Experts.

Flying from BKK-ZRH (777) this coming week and am seated in 5D (the mini-cabin). I think there are 7 total passengers who've selected seats thus far. 5B, 5G, and 4D appear blocked "X" on Expertflyer. Is this a quirk on EF's part? I see that there's a Gold Star for 5G and 4D on the SWISS app, so it appears that only a higher status passenger will be able to select the latter 2 seats. No such designation for 5B.

My question is: should I remain in the mini J cabin? There are quite a few decent unoccupied throne seats in the larger business cabin, but I'm thinking the mini cabin lends a more intimate, perhaps quieter experience.
You won’t be able to select the throne seats (199.- for their reservation). If you give me the date I can check it out and tell you what’d be the best option. I don’t think expertflyer is a reliable source for LX seatmaps tbh.
TTC192Rocket likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Thanks for the quick reply! So LX doesn't give out "free" thrones like Austrian does at check-in?

I'll just stick with 5D in the mini J cabin. I don't think there will be too much traffic to/fro compared to the main business cabin, and the lavs are close by. I figure any SEN or HON passenger will select available throne seats and leave 5G alone. Even if that were not so, it's a first-world problem.

Originally Posted by Nick Art

You won’t be able to select the throne seats (199.- for their reservation). If you give me the date I can check it out and tell you what’d be the best option. I don’t think expertflyer is a reliable source for LX seatmaps tbh.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
So LX doesn't give out "free" thrones like Austrian does at check-in?
Yes, they do. Any seat is available at check-in.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks for the quick reply! So LX doesn't give out "free" thrones like Austrian does at check-in?

I'll just stick with 5D in the mini J cabin. I don't think there will be too much traffic to/fro compared to the main business cabin, and the lavs are close by. I figure any SEN or HON passenger will select available throne seats and leave 5G alone. Even if that were not so, it's a first-world problem.
They are very much available at check-in, already at T-48 hours to be exact. And even the Sen/Hon seats become available then!
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by goliath
Any seat is available at check-in.
Why wait until check-in?

You're much more likely to get a good seat at T-48.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:10 pm

Yes, it's past T-48 now and I had the opportunity to select a throne seat.

Some are closer to the engine or have a misaligned window, so I'll stick with 5D and the mini J cabin. It will feel akin to a non Euro-Biz narrow-body (with dual aisles and much more bin or personal space, of course).

Looking forward to my first long haul LX flight and then my first CS-Series flight shortly thereafter.

Last edited by TTC192Rocket; Jul 8, 2018 at 8:35 pm
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Is T-48 seat selection/change available online for tickets booked through UA, or does one need to phone in? In my case it is an award ticket, but I do have LX PNR. I thought I read somewhere that seats changes weren't sticking online?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:56 am

I booked my award flights about 8 months in advance and they stuck (had a 77W and C-Series flight, respectively). The thrones were available at T-48 but I stayed with my original choice.

Download the SWISS app and make your seat selection(s} there.

Originally Posted by flyaxa
Is T-48 seat selection/change available online for tickets booked through UA, or does one need to phone in? In my case it is an award ticket, but I do have LX PNR. I thought I read somewhere that seats changes weren't sticking online?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Download the SWISS app and make your seat selection(s} there.
Thanks! Snagged 4A at T-48.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyaxa
Thanks! Snagged 4A at T-48.
Congratulations!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

In a bit more than a month I’ll be having my first First Class Flight on Swiss. While I already had the chance to fly the old LX A340 First Class Seat intra Europe I have never been able to check out *real* First Class yet! And oh boy am I excited!

I‘ve snagged myself the companion fare from ARN - DXB operated by A333. Now which seats should I reserve for the flight in your opinion?
For now I have reserved 1K and 2K on the ZRH-DXB (only 1A is still free) leg and 1A and 2A on the DXB-ZRH (the cabin is empty except for the crew rest seat) leg.
We both like having window seats and I heard that DXB offers some great views on approach & take-off.
So hit me with your wiseness FT!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Nick Art
In a bit more than a month I’ll be having my first First Class Flight on Swiss. While I already had the chance to fly the old LX A340 First Class Seat intra Europe I have never been able to check out *real* First Class yet! And oh boy am I excited!

I‘ve snagged myself the companion fare from ARN - DXB operated by A333. Now which seats should I reserve for the flight in your opinion?
For now I have reserved 1K and 2K on the ZRH-DXB (only 1A is still free) leg and 1A and 2A on the DXB-ZRH (the cabin is empty except for the crew rest seat) leg.
We both like having window seats and I heard that DXB offers some great views on approach & take-off.
So hit me with your wiseness FT!
If you both want a window, then seats behind each other will be your compromise. You can use the ottoman for a meal together but other than that you might not get to talk much while enjoying the benefits of an F-seat.

Personally, I’d go for 2 seats across the aisle from each other, sacrificing one of the windows for a better conversation opportunity. The 10 minutes or so during take off and landing when one of you won’t be able to look out the window isn’t worth it, IMO. During the flight you or your +1 can come enjoy the view if it is especially nice. I remember great views of Mt Ararat flying back from DXB a while ago but that would have been in the starboard i.e. K seat side.

Enjoy your LX F flights, flying F is a privilege that never bores, the only problem is that you never want to go back to C let alone Y. First world problems...
Nick Art likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: LXFF
I would suggest seats accros the aisle as well. Having a face to face meal in F with your significant other is a very special moment, was for me anyways
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MichielR

If you both want a window, then seats behind each other will be your compromise. You can use the ottoman for a meal together but other than that you might not get to talk much while enjoying the benefits of an F-seat.

Personally, I’d go for 2 seats across the aisle from each other, sacrificing one of the windows for a better conversation opportunity. The 10 minutes or so during take off and landing when one of you won’t be able to look out the window isn’t worth it, IMO. During the flight you or your +1 can come enjoy the view if it is especially nice. I remember great views of Mt Ararat flying back from DXB a while ago but that would have been in the starboard i.e. K seat side.

Enjoy your LX F flights, flying F is a privilege that never bores, the only problem is that you never want to go back to C let alone Y. First world problems...

Originally Posted by ced_lx
I would suggest seats accros the aisle as well. Having a face to face meal in F with your significant other is a very special moment, was for me anyways
Thanks for both of your input! On the first flight (ZRH-DXB) as mentioned there is only 1A, 1K and 2K free. (although 1D is only reserved for crew rest), but still can't be assigned. So for now I have assigned us 1K and 2K.
On the return do you both suggest first or second row? Everything is still free, except the seat reserved for crew rest (2A). But then again, on the return we'll be mostly sleeping I suppose.

I must say you two make it sound as if flying LX F is the perfect romantic date. You'd be sitting Tête-à-Tête eating, enjoying ourselves and then looking into each others eyes which reminds me...
Ryan Bingham: You know that moment when you look into somebody's eyes and you can feel them staring into your soul and the whole world goes quiet just for a second?
Natalie Keener: Yes!
Ryan Bingham: Right. Well, I don't.
I'm on Ryans side on this one.
Travelling with my significant other would require me to have a significant other, which I don't.

Spoiler

Joking aside, I probably should have mentioned that I'm only traveling with a close relative
(But I'll keep LX F in mind as possible future date locations XD)
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:00 pm

Business class on 777

hi,

i’m flying from LAX To ZRH with the 773 in J with my partner.

The only seats left (to seat together) are 6DG Or 17DG.. 6DG have the toilets near them, 17DG have the Y bassinet seats near them...

which ones are better ?

thanks !

Last edited by Swiss944; Aug 2, 2018 at 5:06 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.