Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2008, 2:24 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by blueone
Traveling as a pair, which row of middle seats would you prefer?
I'll move this post to the LX seating thread to keep all seating Q&A's in one thread.

Cheers
totti
M&M moderator
Old Jul 2, 2008, 2:28 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by blueone
Traveling as a pair, which row of middle seats would you prefer?
I would go for 2 DG. Row two feels more roomy than the first row and it is quieter compared to the third row which is next to the galley.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 5:32 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
I'll be on a A332 flying ZRH-JFK-ZRH in Eco in September. As I have no status I'll try to be at the airport as early as possible to secure an exit row seat, because I'm 185cm and would love some extra legroom. I was considering to do an OLCI and try to reserve a seat that is "not that bad", so I back up in case I don't get an exit seat. I guess that the rules regarding bulkhead seats are the same as exit row seats, and that they are only available at the airport. Seatguru says that 23 D and G are also "good for some", are those seat eligible for OLCI? What else would you recommend?
Old Jul 17, 2008, 2:03 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by DTS
I'll be on a A332 flying ZRH-JFK-ZRH in Eco in September. As I have no status I'll try to be at the airport as early as possible to secure an exit row seat, because I'm 185cm and would love some extra legroom. I was considering to do an OLCI and try to reserve a seat that is "not that bad", so I back up in case I don't get an exit seat. I guess that the rules regarding bulkhead seats are the same as exit row seats, and that they are only available at the airport. Seatguru says that 23 D and G are also "good for some", are those seat eligible for OLCI? What else would you recommend?
Just had a look on Expertflyer: No chance for 23 D nor G. They are blocked for ASR (probably SEN/HON only)

Try to ASR
- 22 B, D, G or J (bulkhead)
- 27 D or G (bulkhead)

All other bulkheads are blocked (probably for mothers with infants).

Disclose (or PM) exact dates and flight numbers and we can figure out much more.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 9:23 am
DTS

Thank you for your reply (and research), Hennessy.

I will be on LX14 on Sep. 7th, and on LX17 on Sep. 29th.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by DTS
Thank you for your reply (and research), Hennessy.

I will be on LX14 on Sep. 7th, and on LX17 on Sep. 29th.
LX14 looks rather full, whereas LX17 looks rather empty for now (you've got PM).
Old Jul 22, 2008, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hertz Gold, National Exec
Since I don't travel much on *A carriers, can anyone comment on the relative quality of LX C seats vis a vis the following carriers:

1) Recliners (Old C) on the 332 vs recliners (old J) on AA or DL?
2) Flat beds (New C) on the 343 vs flat beds on AA (NGBC) or BA?

I keep hearing how bad the 332 C seats are, but perhaps it's relative? For the record, I found the old J on AA or DL perfectly adequate, if unremarkable. I would imagine the service and cleanliness on LX is superior to AA and DL?
Old Jul 29, 2008, 3:43 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
You can be sure that LX's planes are in a better / cleaner condition than the ones from AA and co
Old Jul 30, 2008, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hertz Gold, National Exec
Thanks, that's what I figured. I am now booked DEL-ZRH-ORD in Dec. We shall see.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:36 am

2-class 343???

On the ZRH-TLV route LX does not show FC. The seat map does have rows 1-2. Are they simply used as BC seats? Any chance to get them at checkin or do you have to be HON+?

Managed to reserve 6A (rows 1-2 and 4-5 already taken). Any thoughts? Is there more legroom in row 6 than further back?

Shuly
Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by shuly
On the ZRH-TLV route LX does not show FC. The seat map does have rows 1-2. Are they simply used as BC seats?
ZRH-TLV is sold as Y/C only. F seats can be ASR by SEN and HON.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 12:32 am

Problem with F single seat assignments A/K on JNB service

Looking into the expertflyer seatmap and also by requesting through LH SEN Service over the phone the only single seat I can get assigned for ZRHJNB LX 288 or JNBZRH LX 289 is 2K - the other three single seats being blocked - even on flights where no passengers at all are booked in F.

Is this a new general policy for LX F or is this F seat blocking only active for this route ? Until now I have never come across this.

LH used to block on their A340/330 single seat 1K as a bassinet position, but discontinued this policy sometimes in 2007.

Who can explain this LX blocking - do I have the option to call LX reservations in Switzerland to get one of the three blocked single seats assigned ?

Cheers.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by juan516
Who can explain this LX blocking - do I have the option to call LX reservations in Switzerland to get one of the three blocked single seats assigned ?
Same happened to me when I took LX 288 two months ago - but 2K was OK, so I did not bother for getting another seat.

If I understand correctly, 1A and 1K are "facility seats" (for families with children or disabled people), while 2A is blocked for SENs and HONs (and was already taken).

It's a total weird rule to block 25% of the available seats as "facility-seats", however I always managed to get an advance seat reservation for one of them when the other single seats were taken. Call LX at BSL, insist, and agree, when they tell you that you "may have to be reseated when a family with children or a disabled persons come" (or take 2K...).
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Hennessy
ZRH-TLV is sold as Y/C only. F seats can be ASR by SEN and HON.
Thanks. I can confirm this: the flight had two classes of service, but the 343 had FC seats in the first two rows, which were reserved for SENs and up.

5K turned out to be a nice window seat, and the small front BC cabin was indeed quieter than the back.

Shuly
Old Sep 6, 2008, 3:11 am
DTS

Could someone with an expertflyer account check if there are any good seats left in Eco on tomorrows (Sep. 7th) LX14?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.