Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2008, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Update

The two new Fokkers in Star-Alliance-Livery joined the fleet this afternoon from SCN and will have their first commercial flights tomorrow to WAW and VCE.

I added the birds on my first posts. Operating carrier is Contact Air exclusively for LX - the planes were purchased from Germania and flew on behalf of Air Berlin. If the interior is unchanged, the seat-layout is identical to the Helvetic-Fokkers. Subject to confirmation...

Additionally, I'm not sure whether there are still Airbusses with the Swissair-interior and Jumbolinos with the BA-interior around:

Has somebody flown recently with one of these aircraft:

Avro RJ100 ex-BA: HB-IYQ, IYR, IYT*, IYU*, IYV (IYS has for sure the new seats).
A320: HB-IJB, IJD, IJE, IJF, IJH (all others have for sure the new seats).
A321: HB-IOD*, IOF (all others have for sure the new seats).

I will update this list as soon there are reports of the seating (or as soon I see it myself).

* = Seen with the new seats

Last edited by rorschi; Mar 31, 2008 at 3:08 pm
Old Mar 31, 2008, 2:49 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by rorschi

Has somebody flown recently with one of these aircraft:

Avro RJ100 ex-BA: HB-IYQ, IYR, IYT, IYU, IYV (IYS has for sure the new seats).
A320: HB-IJB, IJD, IJE, IJF, IJH (all others have for sure the new seats).
A321: HB-IOD, IOF (all others have for sure the new seats).

I will update this list as soon there are reports of the seating (or as soon I see it myself).
By the end of last year all Airbuses were supposed to have received the new seating, regarding the Avros by the end of february so I gues the planes are all reconfigured. I was on HB-IOD in december and it had already the new interior.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LXA350
By the end of last year all Airbuses were supposed to have received the new seating, regarding the Avros by the end of february so I gues the planes are all reconfigured. I was on HB-IOD in december and it had already the new interior.
Thank you - will remove HB-IOD from my post above and lurk a bit more around about this topic.

I guess there are still Avros around with the Crossair-leather-seats? Unfortunately, they send always the same plane to MUC when I fly - can only confirm that HB-IXN has the new seats (but can confirm it from different occasions...).
Old Apr 21, 2008, 2:21 am

Programs: One World Emerald; Star Alliance Gold; KLM Platinum
Business seating in ex. Austrian Airlines 340-300

Hi,

Are the C seating and cabin layout in the "new" LX 340-300 from Austrian Airlines (HB-JMK, HB-JML) identical to original Swiss International designed Airbus 340-300 ??

Thanks,,
Old Apr 21, 2008, 2:50 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by Uldall
Hi,

Are the C seating and cabin layout in the "new" LX 340-300 from Austrian Airlines (HB-JMK, HB-JML) identical to original Swiss International designed Airbus 340-300 ??

Thanks,,
AFAIK all LX A340-300 have the same seating.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

It seems that if somebody wants to sit on an old LX-seat, he has to catch one of the tramways at ZRH, GVA or BSL with the LX-advertising and the jumbolino-seats inside...

According to this press-release, the whole short- and medium-haul-fleet is equipped with the recaro-seats now.

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/about_sw..._20080410.aspx

If somebody should catch an aircraft (not a tramway!) still having the old seats - please report here

I have not yet removed the A320 with the charter-interior from the list (HB-IJU/V/W, former "swiss sun"-brand), as I'm not sure whether they were equipped with the new seats or not.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 10:08 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by rorschi
It seems that if somebody wants to sit on an old LX-seat, he has to catch one of the tramways at ZRH, GVA or BSL with the LX-advertising and the jumbolino-seats inside...

According to this press-release, the whole short- and medium-haul-fleet is equipped with the recaro-seats now.

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/about_sw..._20080410.aspx

If somebody should catch an aircraft (not a tramway!) still having the old seats - please report here

I have not yet removed the A320 with the charter-interior from the list (HB-IJU/V/W, former "swiss sun"-brand), as I'm not sure whether they were equipped with the new seats or not.
They will keep their current seating, no changes planed for those birds as they are also equiped with 168 seats and option for Audio / Video acces for head phones and they are quite new. However how comfortable are those birds compared to the recaro seats?
Old Apr 26, 2008, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LXA350
However how comfortable are those birds compared to the recaro seats?
I would definetely say more comfortable: Slightly less legroom (because the seat-pocket is in front of the knees), but better cushioned - and no metallic bar just in front of the shins...
Old May 1, 2008, 12:42 am

Ideal seating for a couple in F?

Hi,

I'm trying to seat my parents on a flight from ZRH-BKK in F. What seats would be ideal? I'm assuming a window and isle accross from each other would be best?

Thanks!
Old May 1, 2008, 1:27 am

Programs: LH
Talking Couples and First

I heard people saying they prefer flying Business instead of First when they fly with their partner.
Old May 1, 2008, 1:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, M&M FTL, Sixt Gold, IHG Gold
for a couple, I'd suggest the two middle seats because they are close together > rows D and G
Old May 1, 2008, 3:42 am

That's what I've assigned them... but I'm thinking the wall partition is going to make it difficult to communicate (although it will probably be difficult to communicate either way).

Does the ottoman also serve as a seat during dinner service?
Old May 1, 2008, 3:53 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, M&M FTL, Sixt Gold, IHG Gold
yes, the ottoman can be used for face-to-face dinner.

Since ZRH BKK is a night-flight, imho it is not really necessary to have a window seat (as a couple) and they might wanna sleep as well.

As for communication, that wall partition is not that big to prevent any communication
Old May 1, 2008, 3:59 am

Thanks!

On a seperate note - I booked EZE-FRA-ZRH-BKK on LH F and LX C and F. Do you know if they have access to the FCT in FRA? Posted already in the lounge thread in the LH forum - no response as yet
Old May 1, 2008, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Assuming no stopovers, just straight connections all the way thru, then yes, they will have access. If they have a stopover in their somewhere, it's not so cut and dried.

So....

EZE-FRA-ZRH-BKK - yes
EZE-FRA-stopover-ZRH-BKK - yes
EZE-FRA-ZRH-stopover-BKK - no, but access to F Lounge in FRA during connection

I hope that's right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.