Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
My wife and I are flying YUL - ZRH - YUL in business class on the A330-300.

We still like to sit together - any recommendations on good seats please?

Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:55 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yukonprince
My wife and I are flying YUL - ZRH - YUL in business class on the A330-300.

We still like to sit together - any recommendations on good seats please?

Thanks!
I believe the best seats for two people who want to sit together are the bulkhead seats, 4D/G or 6D/G, if you can get them.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I believe the best seats for two people who want to sit together are the bulkhead seats, 4D/G or 6D/G, if you can get them.
Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Otherwise the window pairs are good too for a couple- my wife always likes with me rows 5, 7, 9, 11, 13- she takes the window and I take the Aisle.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Otherwise the window pairs are good too for a couple- my wife always likes with me rows 5, 7, 9, 11, 13- she takes the window and I take the Aisle.
Great, thanks! I'll call up and see what is available.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
So I am going through this and trying to gather the info. I bought a ticket that will be ZRH-SFO in F...it is the A340 which it seems is the older F product, there are no A340s with the new F that is advertised all over the site. LAX appears to be the A340 as well.

I chose to go to SFO so I could have the longer flying time and really enjoy the flight/experience and would end up doing it around my Mom's birthday to surprise her in California. Is it worth flying ZRH-ORD-LAX/SFO instead for the A330 to have the newest F?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I chose to go to SFO so I could have the longer flying time and really enjoy the flight/experience [...]. Is it worth flying ZRH-ORD-LAX/SFO instead for the A330 to have the newest F?
The new F is not worth the detour and hassle of changing to domestic "F" in ORD at all. Enjoy the old F all the way - it is still a great product. ^
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goliath
The new F is not worth the detour and hassle of changing to domestic "F" in ORD at all. Enjoy the old F all the way - it is still a great product. ^
Wanted to hear it from the pros!
I got TG'd for a trip in the spring where my BKK-SYD F went to a 2 class plane and have been wanting the "Swiss" F experience so was able to find a pretty compelling price that will take me EWR-LHR(train)CDG-ZRH-SFO-MRY with the EWR-LHR UA J and ZRH-SFO LX F.

Edit: You are right, looking at it (since I am flying to MRY) I would have to fly ZRH-ORD-LAX-MRY getting in very late and having extra lay overs and domestic flights. Plus, I would have to call in to change and I like doing things online.

Last edited by JVPhoto; Aug 29, 2014 at 7:04 am
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Can anybody please tell me if Swiss charges any fees for advance seat selection in coach class? These are intercontinental flights operated by Swiss and the fare class is K if it makes any difference. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gv111
Can anybody please tell me if Swiss charges any fees for advance seat selection in coach class? These are intercontinental flights operated by Swiss and the fare class is K if it makes any difference. Thanks in advance.
Yes Swiss charges.

You can find details in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...-services.html
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gv111
Can anybody please tell me if Swiss charges any fees for advance seat selection in coach class?
Yes, they do - on tickets bought after July, 7 this year. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...-services.html
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:17 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hi, am booked on LX178 (A343) for 2 pax and after dropping from SEN to FTL I'm no longer able to select 4D & 4G seats. However, from what I understand I should be able to grab 6D & 6G given they are not taken already.

However, when I check on the seat map I can grab 6G, but there seems to be no 6D seat available for selection at all. Am I missing something?

(I tried to do a search on this thread, but didn't find an answer though I got this nagging feeling that I read about it before here).

Thanks ...
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

6D is also blocked, you can get it at OLCI when it's available then... just like the other blocked seats. But don't count on it, the ZRH-SIN flight tends to be full in C and lots of status passengers.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RTW1
6D is also blocked, you can get it at OLCI when it's available then... just like the other blocked seats. But don't count on it, the ZRH-SIN flight tends to be full in C and lots of status passengers.
Thanks. Interesting. The thing is that I can see all the "desirable" seats on the seat map, but indicated as Preferred ones in yellow, e.g. 4A, 4D, 4G, etc. 6G is green and I can grab it, but 6D does not even show at all. Not grayed out or anything like that. Just looks like it does not exist.

I have flown in 4D & 4G before I lost SEN last year so definitely prefer the bigger cubby hole for the feet though I could do without being a newspaper kiosk during boarding time. Currently have 5D & 5G for a more quiet time in the mini cabin. Both row 4 and row 6 are empty now, but lots can happen in 3.5 months.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by demue
Thanks. Interesting. The thing is that I can see all the "desirable" seats on the seat map, but indicated as Preferred ones in yellow, e.g. 4A, 4D, 4G, etc. 6G is green and I can grab it, but 6D does not even show at all. Not grayed out or anything like that. Just looks like it does not exist.
I see it as blocked on Expertflyer.... probably they block it even for SEN/HON and reserve it in case someone needs a bassinet seat at check-in.

Last edited by RTW1; Sep 20, 2014 at 10:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.