Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2007, 6:41 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Another question, the window seats in rows 4-6 are blocked. What kind of status do you need to grab one of these? I guess *G isn't enough?
LH SEN/HON

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Also I assume the block is lifted once OLCI opens?
Yes.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Hi Robert,

welcome to FT

Especially during night-flights, you can be disturbed by the noise, light and food-smells from the galley (and on the A340, even the toilet is just behind 5JK). I think every other seat-row is better than the last one of each cabin.

Concerning row 12, it's correct that one window (of 3 per seatrow) is missing. As the seats are located slightly more towards the front on the 3-class-bird, passengers do recognize that only on the 2-class-bird (I had 12A in both of them yet). But there are still 2 windows for looking out - so I didn't consider this as a real lack in comfort.

I also tried to avoid mentioning too many very subjective aspects.
Myself I always like to sit just behind the wings of the AVRO (11A or F), as I'm always fascinated about the soundscape of that bird, while I know that others avoid these seats...
I also got several PM's with some more suggestions which I also consider as subjective. One topic was: Middle block and aisle-seats on the A340 just behind F-class (row 4). One FTer mentioned the good legroom, while another felt disturbed by the traffic of the FA's. My favourite C-seat on the A340 is indeed 4A, but is the traffic of the FA'S for the other passengers an issue?
I was never aware about that - but what are the general thoughts?

The "facility seats" are usually reserved for disabled people. AFAIK, on the A340, 1A is a "priority seat" for SEN/HON and 2A a "facility seat". I always managed to reserve 2A (I agree that it's the best one...), but was always told that if somebody with "special needs" shows up, they will give that seat away - "but you as a SEN don't really have to worry". LX surely has a big paperwork with all these rules - even more comlicate than the access-policy of the arrival-lounge at ZRH
Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:39 am

Especially during night-flights, you can be disturbed by the noise, light and food-smells from the galley (and on the A340, even the toilet is just behind 5JK). I think every other seat-row is better than the last one of each cabin.
Our flight with seats 10 J,K (A332 2c) is during day (route ZRH-DAR), and it was possible to take seats only in rows 10, 14 and 15 (10,15 are last in both cabins, and we are not SEN unfortunately . In return night-flight we have seats 14 A,B, so mayby 10 J,K aren't worst for us for day-flight ?
Toilets are closer to row 11.

I know about old-style seats in business Swiss's A332 but there is no other posibility to get m&m award ticket to eastern africa (excluding worse condor).

Thanks a lot
Robert
Old Oct 3, 2007, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

For day-flights, row 10 is OK - for a night-flight, row 14 was indeed the better choice.

For a day-flight, the A330 isn't that bad. Sad that there is no F on flights to NBO/DAR and Malabo/Cameroon...
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:40 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Finally had time to look at this thread - excellent work! Thanks a lot rorschi! ^^
Old Oct 8, 2007, 1:33 pm

Excellent work! Thank you for the useful information!
Old Nov 9, 2007, 4:06 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
There is quite some inconsistency in the LX product both short haul and long haul. Well at least by 2008 all Avro's and Airbuses will have the news seats so the only inconsistency will be on the wetlease routes.

Regardsing the long haul product there the inconsistency especially when it comes to the C class product is somewhere between day and night. Although the A340 product is quite good I really hope that LX will finnaly have a consistent long haul product within it's entire long haul fleet and upgrade the A340's by 2011 to the same standards that the A333's will be. Are there concreete plans by LX to do so? I really hope so especially as the A340's are used on the longest routes.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 9:46 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
What is the rule for ASR in Y these days? I just called to reserve seats for a leisure trip to ORD over Christmas. Guy in the other end was plain rude and told me I cannot know what seats we have been pre-assigned, all he could tell me was that we had window seats (but not the exact number). I asked about my *G and if that could help to reserve emergency exit, answer was again no. I didn’t have my Sen number at hand but I will call again when getting back home, hopefully that can help me.
Plan to upgrade with e-vouchers or cash but one never knows if C gets full.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 8:42 am

Programs: miles & more , AEGEAN miles&bonus GOLD
Hello

does anyone have an opinion on Privatair planes and how the C seats and service compare to the other Swiss transatlantic flights?

Thanks

Manthos
Old Dec 7, 2007, 1:30 am

Programs: some
If you search for privateair in this forum you will find a wealth of information and opinions - the most recent barely two months old.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I beleive the Business Class on LX A330 fleet is sucks. I was not impressed with them from the first time I flew with LX. I wonder why people rate them high when they are simillar to any 3 star airline.

The seats are old fashioned and very uncomfortable for sleeping or long haul flights. When you fly on airlines like BA or VS or SQ and compare their business class seats to LX you will know that LX seats in the A330 fleet are outdated
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Originally Posted by LH/LX
I beleive the Business Class on LX A330 fleet is sucks. I was not impressed with them from the first time I flew with LX. I wonder why people rate them high when they are simillar to any 3 star airline.

The seats are old fashioned and very uncomfortable for sleeping or long haul flights. When you fly on airlines like BA or VS or SQ and compare their business class seats to LX you will know that LX seats in the A330 fleet are outdated
Have you found anyone here who claims otherwise?

I always read that people should avoid the LX A330 in business class, especially on night flights.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:37 am

Programs: LH FTL
Very useful overview. Is there any way to check the seat maps?
Old Dec 18, 2007, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by midway
Very useful overview. Is there any way to check the seat maps?
Yes, here:

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/about_sw...757&Country=CH

(click on the type of aircraft at the left-hand side).

Note: Not every single configuration is available - the A319 and A321 are shown with the old configuration. A more accurate overview you find in the printed timetable.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 8:56 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Thanks for the link. I am actually looking for a seat map which shows which seats are taken and which are vacant for a certain flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.