Star alliance gold baggage benefits Economy lite

Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Star alliance gold baggage benefits Economy lite

If you book inter europe flights on Swiss
for economy lite
do your star alliance gold benefits
get you 1 free checked bag and lounge access?

thanks
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:39 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by boycruz
If you book inter europe flights on Swiss
for economy lite
do your star alliance gold benefits
get you 1 free checked bag and lounge access?

thanks
Lounge access yes, but no checked bag. Only long-haul.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:20 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
It's really time they changed this. Such a cheap policy. An extra 20kg should be 20kg whatever.
Flying Blue is a good example of how it can be: Elite members are entitled to an extra suitcase and in the case of fares without checked luggage 0 + 1 = 1. Simple math, simple policy
swiss_global likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 2:53 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
It used to be like that for LH group also not too long ago. But, I guess they want Eco Light to seem cheap so they show up in search engines, but they don't want anyone to actually book it, so they keep "enhancing" it.

Next thing they'll tell you you can't use the lounge as status guest if you are in Eco Light....
Old Apr 25, 2024, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
It used to be like that for LH group also not too long ago. But, I guess they want Eco Light to seem cheap so they show up in search engines, but they don't want anyone to actually book it, so they keep "enhancing" it.

Next thing they'll tell you you can't use the lounge as status guest if you are in Eco Light....
Delta is already there or even beyond
Old Apr 29, 2024, 8:08 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Lounge access yes, but no checked bag. Only long-haul.
LX doesn't allow free of charge checked bag benefit for SEN/Star Alliance Gold on long haul Economy Light.
Only LH and OS offer this benefit.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by andywaw
LX doesn't allow free of charge checked bag benefit for SEN/Star Alliance Gold on long haul Economy Light.
Only LH and OS offer this benefit.
You seem to know better than LX themselves:
"Please note: no baggage is included in the Light fare.

This does not apply to HON Circle members, Senators and Star Alliance Gold customers whose first item of baggage is complimentary." (https://www.swiss.com/hu/en/prepare/...hecked-baggage)
Old Apr 29, 2024, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by digitalfan
You seem to know better than LX themselves:
"Please note: no baggage is included in the Light fare.

This does not apply to HON Circle members, Senators and Star Alliance Gold customers whose first item of baggage is complimentary." (https://www.swiss.com/hu/en/prepare/...hecked-baggage)
I asked about it LX themselves and here is what they replied:

If you can prove that they indeed allow a checked bag free of charge for SEN on long haul Economy Light, I'd be happy to congratulate
Old Apr 30, 2024, 11:08 am

I asked about it LX themselves and here is what they replied:

If you can prove that they indeed allow a checked bag free of charge for SEN on long haul Economy Light, I'd be happy to congratulate
Since they refer to a "classic fare" in the reply you posted and there are only "Economy Light", "Economy Basic", "Economy Basic Plus", and "Economy Flex" as fares for a longhaul booking with LX, I would rather assume that they replied on the basis of a shorthaul Economy Light fare (in which latter case their response would be accurate).

However, I can ask at the check-in counter end of May when one of my travel companions will check-in as SEN with a LX longhaul Light fare.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 11:15 am

For complete context, here is my question which I asked, and the reply to this question was what I showed above. I don't think there is any doubt whether I asked about short haul or long haul light fare or classic fare.
As you can see, I also attached the screen shot of LX info.

Old Apr 30, 2024, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by digitalfan
However, I can ask at the check-in counter end of May when one of my travel companions will check-in as SEN with a LX longhaul Light fare.
Please let us know, it will be very helpful.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 11:21 am

By the way, this topic has been discussed thoroughly in the following thread
New "Light" Flight Class means ZERO bags for star alliance gold members
Old Apr 30, 2024, 3:11 pm

I don't think there is any doubt whether I asked about short haul or long haul light fare or classic fare.
As you might see from my post, I never discussed the question you asked, but the answer (and the basis they applied) they gave...

If I can still remember the topic and have time on that date, I might ask at check-In. However, given the rather early departure time, it could happen that we just enjoy the time in the FCL (Y fares, let one alone Y light fares are not in my primary focus and, even if, I would just check a bag and, in case of any charge, I would ask CCC to refund based on the LX website).
Old Apr 30, 2024, 3:15 pm

By the way, this topic has been discussed thoroughly in the following thread
New "Light" Flight Class means ZERO bags for star alliance gold members
My impression from that is that there is no reasonable doubt that there should not be a free bag for *G member in longhaul Y light no matter if LH, OS or LX...
Old Apr 30, 2024, 3:40 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
LX tends to be a bit special. I wouldn't be all that much surprised if they were the first to silently drop the exception.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.