LX FAs pose on B77W wing for instagram shoot in EZE

Old Aug 25, 2023, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Thumbs down LX FAs pose on B77W wing for instagram shoot in EZE

Discipline and professionalism are essential for an airline. If this movie https://www.20min.ch/story/buenos-ai...g-135593147193 is not made up by AI, LX does no longer deserve our trust.

Another nice example for where Switzerland is heading. The glory of the past.

Last edited by oliver2002; Dec 12, 2023 at 3:10 am
Old Aug 25, 2023, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
There are rogue Employees in any organisation, depends how SWISS deal with that, my experience of LX Flight crew is the height of professionalism
vantage03, romans and Harper50505 like this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chris63
There are rogue Employees in any organization, depends how SWISS deal with that, my experience of LX Flight crew is the height of professionalism
Agreed. Swiss should terminate the employment of these employees ... the article suggests they won't. If there are no serious consequences for such behavior it will happen again.
behuman, chris63 and hpschmid like this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by chris63
There are rogue Employees in any organisation, depends how SWISS deal with that, my experience of LX Flight crew is the height of professionalism
You mean that an airline can also have rogue pilots, Germanwings suicide ​​​​​​​​​​. Procedures should be in place to eliminate such​​​​ at the beginning.

Regarding professionalism fully agree with you at the time of the now lost Swissair. Still some "old" crew around. Younger junior crew are mostly chickens and do even not speak German correctly. Of course we see them less in C or F.
swiss_global and hpschmid like this.

Last edited by behuman; Aug 25, 2023 at 6:22 am
Old Aug 25, 2023, 6:36 am

I was expecting a video showing FAs spitting in pax food in the galley or something along those lines...

This type of behavior (doing stupid / life-endangering things for pictures) is emblematic of today's society.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 7:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by cfischer
Agreed. Swiss should terminate the employment of these employees ... the article suggests they won't. If there are no serious consequences for such behavior it will happen again.
The comments by the Swiss press rep are pretty clear:

Auf dem Instagram-Kanal des Users spottersbrasil war das entsprechende Video einige Stunden zu sehen, bevor es gelscht wurde. Die Swiss hat Kenntnis von der spontanen Tanzeinlage ihrer Besatzung auf den Flgeln eines Flugzeuges, lustig findet man es aber nicht. Das, was im Video nach Spass aussieht, ist lebensgefhrlich. Die Flgel der Boeing 777 liegen auf einer Hhe von rund fnf Metern. Ein Sturz aus dieser Hhe auf den harten Belag kann verheerend sein. Dieses Verhalten wird nicht geduldet, so Swiss-Sprecher Michael Pelzer.
Obviously LX won't share disciplinary measures in public for various reasons, but the message by the PR guy is pretty explicit.
chris63, hpschmid and romans like this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 8:47 am

Programs: A3 *S, LX Sen**, AF Gold
Some more press coverage:

Zwischenzeitlich hat sich der oberste Kabinenchef der Swiss, Martin Knuchel, in einer Videobotschaft an alle Swiss-Mitarbeiter gewandt. Er sei wtend und enttuscht sagt er in einem Video, das 20 Minuten vorliegt. Er knne nicht nachvollziehen, dass man sein Leben und seine Gesundheit fr so etwas aufs Spiel setze.
Weiter sagt er, dass solche Aufnahmen der Swiss und dem Ansehen der Kabinenbesatzung schaden. Knuchel: Was ist, wenn die Passagiere uns nicht mehr trauen, wenn sie so etwas sehen? Anderthalb Minuten dauert der Tadel des neuen Head of Cabin Crew. Knuchel dementiert in der Videobotschaft jedoch auch Gerchte, dass es zu Kndigungen gekommen sei: Es wird nicht einfach jemand entlassen bei uns. Doch er stellt auch klar, dass keine solchen Videos mehr entstehen drfen. Es werde interne Untersuchungen geben, um zu klren, wie es zu der Aktion gekommen ist, sagt er zum Abschluss des Videos.

Interne Mails zeigen, dass derzeit Gesprche zwischen allen Besatzungsmitgliedern mit ihren Teamleitern stattfinden. Auch Mediensprecher Michael Pelzer sagt zu 20 Minuten, dass das Gesprch mit den betroffenen Besatzungsmitgliedern bereits gesucht wurde.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by behuman
You mean that an airline can also have rogue pilots, Germanwings suicide ​​​​​​​​​​. Procedures should be in place to eliminate such​​​​ at the beginning.

Regarding professionalism fully agree with you at the time of the now lost Swissair. Still some "old" crew around. Younger junior crew are mostly chickens and do even not speak German correctly. Of course we see them less in C or F.
Your clearly overreacting

Let SWISS deal with this & then comment on any outcome ?
airoli, gru_muc, romans and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: Yeah, well, don’t really care anymore
On the scale of screwing around, this is so far down it shouldn’t really measure. But, of course, there’ll be a [].... with a phone, and as expected there are hollier-than-thou types around, taking offence at anything, and calling for the boys and girls to be fired.

Grow []up and mind your own business, would be all I have to say. Might have told the crew to be more careful next time, ensuring there’s not another [] around armed with a camera and an Instagram account.

If you guys only knew what us old farts got up to back in the day, I suspect you’d roll over sucking your thumb and screaming for mama. As said in the beginning, this isn’t even a close to being worthy of interest. Unless you’re an anal, humourless, sad little [] that is.
HNL1K, Gnopps, Koby and 5 others like this.

Last edited by oliver2002; Aug 25, 2023 at 4:11 pm Reason: FT rule 16 https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules#offensive
Old Aug 25, 2023, 10:12 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by behuman

How dare they not speak German correctly? Seriously, is this really something to be offended about?
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 10:52 am
formerly rt23456p

Don't the wings got "NO STEP" on it?
Old Aug 25, 2023, 1:46 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by PES_B1
Don't the wings got "NO STEP" on it?
Much of the wing is designed to be walkable, the areas that should not be walked on are marked by lines and have the "No Step" messages on them.

------

I wonder where people think all the old photos of people sitting on wings, in engines etc. come from and I also wonder if there was such an outrage about it back then.

Sure, health and safety are a more prominent thing now and we learned a lot since then, but with such things becoming more corporate rule based and black and white, it just leaves less room for humanity and fun. I can see why people seem to be outraged, but It seems we've lost focus just a little bit. Given the chance I would probably go sit on a wing or in an engine for fun. Common sense should be applied of course and as far as I can see this was done in the above video (They stayed in the middle of the wing, didn't do hand stands etc.)

It's not exactly smart to do this in front of a people filled terminal, I agree, but I feel like people are overreacting just a bit. And as much as I would love to complain about the degeneration of society, I just don't see this an an example of it.
HNL1K, Koby, chris63 and 11 others like this.

Last edited by Nick Art; Aug 25, 2023 at 1:59 pm
Old Aug 25, 2023, 7:49 pm

Wings are, for obvious reasons, pretty strong. Just stay off the "No Step" areas? So I'd guess you wouldn't mind maintainers walking on the wings? So, its ...what? Because it was done in fun? Ever done someting frivolous..(AND harmless) at work yourself?

chris63 and vantage03 like this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 12:09 am

I fail to see what all the fuzz is about. I've walked on the wing of the Jumbo Hostel (747) at Arlanda with my kids. That wing actually has guardrails, so it's an added layer of safety, but it's walkable all the way to the wingtip. These flight attendants only walked a couple of meters from the door.
trooper likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Sheikh Yerbooty
On the scale of screwing around, this is so far down it shouldnt really measure. But, of course, therell be a .... with a phone, and as expected there are hollier-than-thou types around, taking offence at anything, and calling for the boys and girls to be fired.

Grow up and mind your own business, would be all I have to say. Might have told the crew to be more careful next time, ensuring theres not another around armed with a camera and an Instagram account.

If you guys only knew what us old farts got up to back in the day, I suspect youd roll over sucking your thumb and screaming for mama. As said in the beginning, this isnt even a close to being worthy of interest. Unless youre an anal, humourless, sad little that is.
Tend to agree with this. It is clearly not the thing to do, but today's discourse seems to be characterised by extreme positions of black and white with little appreciation for anything in between. People make mistakes, and this incident is sub-optimal, but there are possible outcomes here that fall short of sacking/ hanging etc.
HNL1K, flying_geek and estrela like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.