Family of 4 reserving Bulk Head seats?

Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
wait, you want to reserve bulkhead seat for free? I am not sure there is much a solution here to be honest. Why would LX give you these w/o paying?

You can sometimes get lucky when these are booked as codeshares. If that is the case, try the app
Well because I would like to reserve the bassinet - which is free I understand?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
If you already have a confirmed ticket you need to call in & reserve the bassinet seats
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:54 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Maybe you should have mentioned this "detail" in your first message
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for the responses - yes, the issue here I see is that my daughter will be 13 months old by the time we fly. LX website here https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/prepare/...ldren-on-board says age limit is 8 months and 11kg. She will be no where near 11kg, projected around 8kg at time of flying. Does anyone know how strict LX reinforces this?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Thanks all for the responses - yes, the issue here I see is that my daughter will be 13 months old by the time we fly. LX website here https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/prepare/...ldren-on-board says age limit is 8 months and 11kg. She will be no where near 11kg, projected around 8kg at time of flying. Does anyone know how strict LX reinforces this?
SWISS as a company are renowned for enforcing rules
cfischer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by enelym1978
Maybe you should have mentioned this "detail" in your first message
exactly
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: LH HON
at 13 months she won’t fit into the LX bassinet… not because of weight but because of size
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: LH HON
Yes, clearly LX is better than UA (especially in Eco) but I'm asking specifically about the Bassinet. wondering if anyone can share any experiences here
i did. And the fact that you opened another thread doesn’t change any of it - she won’t fit.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Well unfortunately I still don't know how to book the bulkhead.
I understand I cannot use the bassinet. But I would like to book the bulkhead as it's easier when traveling with the kids.
I booked the tickets, could not reserve seats online - bulk head seats are blocked.
Called Swiss and they say they can't reserve bulk head unless using bassinet.
Is there no other options here? Traveling long haul is very stressful with two small kids so trying to plan as much as I can in advance thx
Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Everyone is telling you that you can't reserve the bulkhead. You best option will probably be OLCI at T-24 approximately (try earlier, not sure if you are connecting) if no one has booked the bassinet and you can hopefully book the bulkhead.
chris63, Viennafly and enelym1978 like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

JetKids by Stokke or FlyTot when flying long haul on LX?

Hi all
Trying to plan ahead traveling with two kids 3 and 1 years old from ZRH-SFO. Looking for recent expereinces with anyone traveling on LX using a JetKids https://www.stokke.com/USA/en-us/tra...kids/5345.html or FlyTot https://www.fly-tot.com/

As we are flying Economy and not sure if we will get the bulkhead, trying to find something that will help the kids sleep or be more comfortable (at least the older one)

Any experiences would be appreciated.

Thank you
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:10 am

I am not sure FlyTot is allowed on Swiss because of safety reasons.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Neither are allowed on LH/LX/OS aircraft due to safety reasons. Kids that age manage nicely in regular economy seats since they have plenty of space... no need to carry on a leg rest.
chris63, DiamondMile and cfischer like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.