Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overbooking?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I am in the same situation on my ZRH-ORD vv flights. Middle seats are booked by single travelers, as confirmed by the SEN line, they are not just blocked. I simply don‘t understand why a single pax would not take the A or K seats.
LX usually block at least 2 of the A/K seats. And there are probably plenty corporate pax (who are not on FT) whose PA just books an aisle seat, not window according to preference.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by MichielR
LX usually block at least 2 of the A/K seats. And there are probably plenty corporate pax (who are not on FT) whose PA just books an aisle seat, not window according to preference.
Since several of the window seats are blocked passengers just book one of the middle seat - since nothing else is available. They gladly will change to a window seat when asked.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
It is a bit of a pain, need to call in every time to get a window seat, at least as HON the phone gets answered quickly, there are not that many F pax requiring a bassinet…..

They are much more relaxed over at LH
MichielR likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:20 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
That is a good point, didn't think of that. A/K seats would be defined as window seats, so yes, those with preference for aisle seats would not be assigned those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.