LHR T2

Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
LHR T2

Hi Guys,

Flying Swiss this weekend - LHR ZRC and then BRU.

I have to make this trip for business. Does anyone know if I'm likely to get my suitcase at BRU?

Any advice/tips on getting through CheckIn and Security. Flying J - planning on United Lounge!

Thanks in advance!

P.S journey back is BRU -> FRA -> LHR......chance of my suitcase in LHR at 22:40?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
nobody will be able to answer that question for you with certainty. T2 is reasonably normal right now, if you check it 2 hr before departure it should be plenty fine to make it. Go to the LH lounge instead, its a long walk to the UA lounge ...
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
T2 outbound security is a nightmare atm, highly advise you to just push through to the fast track entrance to the right hand side of security as it’s open, just not clear in the melee if you don’t know the terminal well.

inbound immigration will be empty at 22:40.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks that's more helpful than the previous answer

I'm flying J anyway, so Fast Track should hopefully work out!

Hopefully 22:40 should be good - but luggage? Will I get my case? Or can you see me waiting ages and then going home empty handed?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:27 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener
Thanks that's more helpful than the previous answer

Hopefully 22:40 should be good - but luggage? Will I get my case? Or can you see me waiting ages and then going home empty handed?
What time is your flight out? I took the first flight of the day 2 weeks ago (the 6:00 to ZRH), and already was T2 packed... security snaked to the entrance and this was 4:30. I flew Y but am *G, and was directed to use fast track, although it was noticeably closed when I passed through... it might be open later in the day though.

My flight departed from T2B, and so I used the UA lounge, which was excellent... but otherwise, I don't see any reason to go all the way there unless you've got time to waste.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

I'm 13:45 tomorrow, so not quite idea.

If I go to the UA Lounge guessing I can get back to Main Terminal?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:29 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I'm 13:45 tomorrow, so not quite idea.

If I go to the UA Lounge guessing I can get back to Main Terminal?
Yes, you won’t have any issues going back—although the walk each way is quite long.

Either way, I’d suggest preparing plenty of time ahead of your flight. I can only imagine Heathrow being even more crowded as we approach the peak of the summer.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Well, Friday was slightly chaotic - but not too bad.

Having canceled my original flights with LH they moved me over to Swiss - but didn't issue the ticket.

Fast Track about 20 minutes. Thereafter it as pretty good!

As I got there very early, I did the AC, SN and UA Lounges. UA was my favourite - but they're all pretty good!

They say 20 minutes to B-zone - for me it was 8
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:51 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
It is a well signposted *alliance gold fasttrack, but defiinitely not fast with the queue well behind the checkpoint. Just now it took 35 minutes to clear. Normal security looked better.

The deserted SQ lounge is the consolation.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by behuman
It is a well signposted *alliance gold fasttrack, but defiinitely not fast with the queue well behind the checkpoint. Just now it took 35 minutes to clear. Normal security looked better.

The deserted SQ lounge is the consolation.
On Friday it was almost hidden! I had to walk down to the end of the terminal and round.

I see why they designed the checkin's in the middle - but it becomes a huge obstacle when you've large crowd numbers.

In fairness, the T2 staff seemed to regain their sense of humour!
behuman likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.