New to Swiss Air

Old Jul 4, 22, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: royal orchid star alliance
New to Swiss Air

Hello all.

Ive never flown with Swiss before. I usually (pre.covid that is!) go to Thailand twice a year, from the U.K.
In the past, Ive normally flown with Thai Air , but in economy. I was trying to book premium economy with Swiss, then I saw there wasn't that much of a huge difference , price-wise, between P.E. and Business class...I thought Id treat myself! So Ive just gone ahead and booked a flight from LHR. to BKK next January,

Ive only flown business class?,,,3 times I think! Twice with Thai Airways going to BKK , using "miles", and once, I was bumped into Business flying with Philippines' airlines.

That was a fair few years ago though! I'm getting quite excited to be flying business class now! Sad maybe! I'm really looking forward to having a drink on the terrace in the lounge in Zurich!! (seen pics and videos of it online!).

Id prefer an aisle seat, so I booked a G seat....A "throne" seat cost a fair bit more...! So I didn't book that! I also booked the 11.50 flight out of Heathrow, to enable me, to have a couple of hours in the lounge in Zurich lol!

As I'm a normally a lowly economy class passenger!...I would be grateful for any advice , into making this "treat of a business class flight"! even better.

Thanks for reading!
Old Jul 4, 22, 11:07 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Welcome to Swiss
Having flown myself ZRH BKK and back a couple of times in biz on both LX and TG I would say
- seats are comparable full flat and functionality but at Swiss kept in better shape
- food is better on Swiss; drinks comparable (TG has usually a selection of french wines; Swiss from several countries)
- service depends a bit on the crew, but on TG generally more friendly, on LX more professional

advise to make more out of your trip:
check the wines before you decide; FA will let you sample taste first more than one and then you can go for the better
ask for an additional starter or main that you like on the menu
ask for midflight snacks or look up at the galley what they are offering
in BKK do some lounge hopping; beside TG Prestige also TK and maybe soon also Singapore and Eva lounge will open (all Staralliance)
valleywatch likes this.
Old Jul 5, 22, 12:07 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
...and travelling in January, it is quite likely that the terrace at the Zurich Lounge will be closed due to cold and/or inclement weeather.
valleywatch and clubeurope like this.
Old Jul 5, 22, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
Welcome to Swiss
Having flown myself ZRH BKK and back a couple of times in biz on both LX and TG I would say
- seats are comparable full flat and functionality but at Swiss kept in better shape
- food is better on Swiss; drinks comparable (TG has usually a selection of french wines; Swiss from several countries)
- service depends a bit on the crew, but on TG generally more friendly, on LX more professional

advise to make more out of your trip:
check the wines before you decide; FA will let you sample taste first more than one and then you can go for the better
ask for an additional starter or main that you like on the menu
ask for midflight snacks or look up at the galley what they are offering
in BKK do some lounge hopping; beside TG Prestige also TK and maybe soon also Singapore and Eva lounge will open (all Staralliance)
Many thanks for that!

Some great advice there!
Old Jul 5, 22, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli View Post
...and travelling in January, it is quite likely that the terrace at the Zurich Lounge will be closed due to cold and/or inclement weeather.

Ah!

I'm an eternal optimist "Hopefully"! the weather may be accommodating, if not? I shall just have to look out of the windows!
Old Jul 9, 22, 11:03 pm

Programs: Mucci - Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I flew Swiss business on this route a couple of weeks ago, and catering ex-BKK was brilliant, and so was the crew - very interacting and engaged, and kept us overloaded with chocolate and wine Only downside is that it is a day-flight nowadays, but in your case that will give you more time to enjoy
valleywatch likes this.
Old Jul 10, 22, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKT-DK View Post
I flew Swiss business on this route a couple of weeks ago, and catering ex-BKK was brilliant, and so was the crew - very interacting and engaged, and kept us overloaded with chocolate and wine Only downside is that it is a day-flight nowadays, but in your case that will give you more time to enjoy

Many thanks for that..!

Im really looking forward to it, being overloaded with chocolate and wine is never a bad thing either!!!

Thanks again.
Old Jul 10, 22, 2:55 pm

I travelled in winter before, it was opened.
But it was really cold outside, grab your coat before heading out.
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
valleywatch likes this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much for that!
Old Jul 11, 22, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
I travelled in winter before, it was opened.
But it was really cold outside, grab your coat before heading out.

Thanks very much for that!

Search this Thread