Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie Question Weather disruptions in ZRH 28 Jun?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:27 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Weather disruptions in ZRH 28 Jun?

My parents, who are infrequent travelers, are flying LX639 CDG-ZRH in business class (revenue ticket) tomorrow afternoon, and the weather forecast in Zurich does not look good.

I am wondering if there is anything I should do / brief them on to help prepare for the possibility of disruptions? If they were flying in the US I would tell them to try to do a same day change to an earlier flight as the thunderstorms are forecast for the afternoon, so one of the earlier flights might beat the weather, but I know European airlines do not have the same same-day change flexibility options that are common in the US -- would there ever be exceptions for that due to the weather forecast?

Since they will be at a non-Swiss-operated lounge, I assume if there are any disruptions or cancellations they should go to the gate to talk to someone about their options?

They don't have any connections so a garden-variety delay would not ultimately be a big deal as long as their flight still operates, so hopefully it all works out.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor

The weather tomorrow looks okay. A little thunderstorm is perfectly normal. It may cause some minor delays - but then the entire air travel system has serious delays due to short staffing etc. anyways, so I don't think this should be a cause for too much worry, especially if there is no connecting flight. Weather or not, these days expect to arrive 1-2h behind schedule, and you won't be disappointed.
bgriff and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:41 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
It‘s calm at the moment 09:40CET, cloudy, no rain … forecast heavy rain around Kloten between 14:00 and 15:00 … Let‘s see, weather changes very quickly here.
bgriff likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:40 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ Badge

Looks like they took a short delay but otherwise everything was fine. Thanks for the reassurances!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
What is a garden-variety delay?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:04 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by sbams
What is a garden-variety delay?
About a half hour late, i.e. no big problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.