Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Automatic check in?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Automatic check in?

I have a flight with swiss to switzerland from the middle east. I take only hand luggage and would like to print the boarding pass at home so can go through an entrance for only travellers with hand luggage.
should I choose Auotomatic check in or online check in?
automatic check benefits by swiss website "Go straight to the gate with hand baggage" and online check in benefits "
  • Go straight to the gate with your baggage
  • Mobile boarding pass
  • Print the home printed baggage tag at home and profit from shorter waiting times at baggage check-in
Should I choose automatic check in?
Usually I write passport number during online check in 24 hours before but in automatic check in no one asked my passport number. How will they know?

automatic check in sends you boarding pass 20 hours before flight after everyone have done online check in.
is it possible that during over booking I will be kicked out?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Online checkin opens 24 hours before the flight by automatic checkin at T-20 nowhere near everybody will have checked in. I frequently online checkin 6 to 12 hours before the flight.

I prefer to online checkin over auto checkin as it gives me some belief i have chosen a seat rather than been allocated one.

not sure why you are concerned about overbooking and being 'kicked out'.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
In some countries due to local regulations even if you already checked in, you still have to go to the counter in order to print your boarding passes and check the necessary docs.
I never use automatic check in because if you are not happy with a seat, you still have to go back to the web to modify it.
I would suggest you check in by yourself, the night before. All middle Eastern flights leave early in the morning so the day before is ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.