Swiss Flights cancelled

Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Swiss Flights cancelled

This was our itinerary:

OPO -- ZRH -- HKG -- SIN. APRIL 6TH. (F class)

SIN - ZRH - OPO APRIL 14. (J cabin)

Fare paid for 2 about Euro 3000

LX cancels the APR 14th and forces us onto the 13th from SIN
LX cancels OPO to SIN from Apr 6th to 7th

LX says, accept the change, Refuse and get a refund.

I am not able to find this fare again, incredibly low fare in F and J.

Any opinions are welcomed.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:47 am

Find acceptable alternatives (even with a few days difference) where they have space in F and call again. I have been successful in the past doing this.
GalaxyChris and BinSabai like this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A little more complicated, we're flying from Canada a VTL country but Portugal is not considered a VTL country but Switzerland is, so now this is going to be a .... show.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 6:59 pm

Its not fun any more. Looks like more countries will go into lock down. I am only doing point to point flights without connections in 3rd countries, and even then it is difficult with all the changing regulations, test, changing flights etc....
Old Dec 18, 2021, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Its not fun any more. Looks like more countries will go into lock down. I am only doing point to point flights without connections in 3rd countries, and even then it is difficult with all the changing regulations, test, changing flights etc....
I agree and its sad, we cancelled i 2020, 2021 and now again in 2022. I will wait as LX has given us till Jan 29 to decide what we want to do. I am hoping Portugal & Greece will be added to the VTL list prior to Jan 29, in that case we will be fine, unless we have a new Virus, Megatron, then this is a never ending saga.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:44 am

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Are you sure that this would ever have worked?
I think that you'd need Hong Kong / China and Portugal to be added to Singapore's list of VTL countries, unless you are fine to spend your time in Singapore in quarantine.
On top of that, also your flight from HKG to SIN has to become a designated VTL flight. (Origin country = VTL country is not the same as your flight being a VTL flight)

Sounds risky to me to book something like that, so I'm not even sure if I'd wait before taking a refund.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
Are you sure that this would ever have worked?
I think that you'd need Hong Kong / China and Portugal to be added to Singapore's list of VTL countries, unless you are fine to spend your time in Singapore in quarantine.
On top of that, also your flight from HKG to SIN has to become a designated VTL flight. (Origin country = VTL country is not the same as your flight being a VTL flight)

Sounds risky to me to book something like that, so I'm not even sure if I'd wait before taking a refund.

Agreed but when I booked it it did not look risky. I may just take that refund from LX. Now unless Portugal & Greece is added to the VTL list prior to Jan 29, we have to cancel Singapore altogether.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Face it, with a itinerary like this the chance of you being allowed into SG next year is very slim. Take the refund and don't think too much of the great fare it was; at least you got your money back. There will be other deals later.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just cancelled the LX flights for a full refund. Now will cancel the TAP flight into Portugal. Have decided to fly YYZ-AMS, then AMS-ZRH-SIN. Will look at the fares now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.