Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss moves from JFK T4 to T1

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:43 am

For those wondering about the F/HON side of the lounge, it’s relatively small and when F is full or you have HONs, it feels a bit tight. For reference, there are more dining tables at the LH lounge (F/HON floor) in T1 but the LX lounge has more armchairs etc.

Staff is friendly. There is a la carte dining but the food is so so. Nothing to get too excited about and I guess it will be over in February.

Amplifying what I said above, how they are going to fit all the F/HONs in the LH lounge Wine and Dine floor is unclear—unless they say “screw them” or not offer F on LH from JFK for the foreseeable future. Or not reopen the F floor.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I would just like this acknowledged from the JFK Lounge Renovation thread from Oct 19, and all the usual doubters with my update posts 😂😂

Originally Posted by vantage03
Apparently next year Delta is taking over the whole terminal so the Swiss lounge will be closed indefinitely. If that’s the case, I can’t see them investing a lot in the F&B until then.
MichielR likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:17 am

The Swiss First and Business lounges at ORD T 5 have apparently closed permanently as well. Perhaps Swiss in mot interested in operating lounges anymore in the US.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:32 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by trvlr70
The Swiss First and Business lounges at ORD T 5 have apparently closed permanently as well. Perhaps Swiss in mot interested in operating lounges anymore in the US.
That doesn't feel like a big loss.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by trvlr70
I wouldn't go that far. Moving LX at JFK to be in the same terminal as LH and SN makes sense. The real issue is that the lounge at T1 isn't big enough. Also, security at T1 sucks most of the time and there is often "congestion" in terms of the planes coming in and out. I wonder how much it cost to redo the lounge in T4 ...
Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Maybe at least AZ will move to T4 and LX can take their lounge space?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:36 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The new terminal one in JFK will probably solve the issue and Skyteam partners moving to T4 will relieve things in the interim. Note that LX didn’t say that they will offer the LH lounge in T1 in the quoted email.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The new terminal one in JFK will probably solve the issue and Skyteam partners moving to T4 will relieve things in the interim. Note that LX didn’t say that they will offer the LH lounge in T1 in the quoted email.
The new terminal won’t be there until 2025, at best. So that’s 3 years +.

I didn’t get the email but it would be odd if they didn’t use the LH lounge. The other options are the AF, KE and AZ (not sure what’s going on these days with that one) lounges and a private one called Primeclass. We’ll see. LH needs to open the 2nd and 3rd floor in any case!
Old Dec 7, 2021, 12:08 am

Programs: LH HON
Yes, it is confirmed that Swiss will use the joint check-in with LH and also use the LH lounge from Feb. 1st. Handling agent is and will be Hallmark.
Very bad, that the best LX station will disappear soon.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:58 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by shipsmail
Yes, it is confirmed that Swiss will use the joint check-in with LH and also use the LH lounge from Feb. 1st. Handling agent is and will be Hallmark.
Very bad, that the best LX station will disappear soon.
It's a shame really.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
The move to T1 would only make sense if at least the equivalent of flights from other airlines will move to other terminals as otherwise it will be the same mess as when LX moved the last time. Hence, this move should have only happend after the new Terminal 1 will be fully operational and has the needed extra capacity.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by LXA350
The move to T1 would only make sense if at least the equivalent of flights from other airlines will move to other terminals as otherwise it will be the same mess as when LX moved the last time. Hence, this move should have only happend after the new Terminal 1 will be fully operational and has the needed extra capacity.
Absolutely right and those airlines aren’t moving in a couple months. Also, the other airlines (non-star alliance) moving doesn’t solve the LH lounge overcrowding issue. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
ORD will be fine if LX moves over to join UA/LH/NH, but I was really looking forward to using the new LX JFK lounge in JFK. Depending how LH brings back F service to JFK there might be enough room, but still disappointing. Any news for SQ and other *A airlines?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
The T1 security situation pretty much sucks. There is no Clear and no real Precheck in my experience. Along with the lounge situation, this unfortunately significantly reduces Swiss's competitive advantage at T4.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
That‘s very true - T1 has neither !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.