Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*G extra baggage allowance - which weight applies?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 8mh
So the only upgrade where you *might* get an increased baggage allowance would be through an upgrade award (or evoucher). Didn't find the exact rule on upgrade awards. And I have no personal experience as mileage upgrades tend to offer poor value.
Yes, this still seems to be the case. Here is an example of the text LX entered into the Amadeus PNR for an evoucher upgrade from P to A:
Code:
BAG#DOT#INFO: IF UPGR CONFIRMED APPLY BAG CHARGES OF NEW
       BOOKING CLASS
Interestingly, the e-ticket gets flipped to the new RBD, but the baggage allowance there is not updated, so it seems like they "solve" the uncertainty with the PNR remarks.

Cheers,
bawm
FlyerTalker324193 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bawm
Yes, this still seems to be the case. Here is an example of the text LX entered into the Amadeus PNR for an evoucher upgrade from P to A:

Code:
BAG#DOT#INFO: IF UPGR CONFIRMED APPLY BAG CHARGES OF NEW
BOOKING CLASS

Interestingly, the e-ticket gets flipped to the new RBD, but the baggage allowance there is not updated, so it seems like they "solve" the uncertainty with the PNR remarks.
This is great, but how can I see the Amadeus PNR to make sure the note is there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.