Covid-19: Swiss transit/connect via Zurich?

Old Jun 20, 2021, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by tr3k
Ok, 6 months. Should just squeak by.
Switzerland is due to increase vaccination protection time (at least for Moderna and BioNTech, which are the vaccines used here) from 6 to 12 months.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
Swiss social media team at their best. - "How should I know, I only work here"

arggghhh! Why can LH & LX still not manage the communication any better? They need any $ of revenue they can get, so it makes a big difference to give or not give clear, accurate and consistent advice thru every channel.

What happened then? Did you quote them the link which Oliver posted above?
I did not. My approach to this type of an issue is that unless a representative of the company is unequivocally positive, I consider it a "no". The risk of being optimistic is too high Check in agent might be just as uninformed, and there will be little I can do.
LoungeLizzard likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 5:29 pm

Programs: IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Accor - Gold; Radisson - Gold; Hyatt - Globalist
Also received the following: "please be advised that at the moment US passport holders travelling out of the US are not permitted to transit in Zurich. Regards, Villie"....Five different phone agents and 5 different replies. OMG....

Last edited by totallyi; Jun 21, 2021 at 6:12 pm
Old Jun 22, 2021, 7:23 am

The final decision on opening the borders to vaccinated travelers on June 28 will be made on June 23. So the airline is technically correct in stating that you are not currently allowed to do so. We will find out tomorrow if that will change on beginning on June 28. You could speak to 100 different people in the meantime, but none of them will be able to give you a factual definitive answer, because there is not one.
djjaguar64 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by totallyi
Also received the following: "please be advised that at the moment US passport holders travelling out of the US are not permitted to transit in Zurich. Regards, Villie"....Five different phone agents and 5 different replies. OMG....

Why OMG, as stated below no decision has been announced as of yet.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by totallyi
I’ve transited through Zurich 5 or so times during the pandemic from the US as a US passport holder and have been fine. I couldnt enter the Schengen area, but otherwise the above is false.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
A few minutes ago, the Swiss government confirmed that starting June 28, fully vaccinated travellers from non-Schengen / EU countries can enter Switzerland again without need to quarantine etc.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...-id-84127.html
downinit and tr3k like this.

Last edited by airoli; Jun 23, 2021 at 6:41 am Reason: link added
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:20 am

Covid Test to Transit Zurich

Hi all,

I am flying EWR ZRH PUY (Pula, Croatia) and am vaccinated. I believe that due to the fact I am transiting to a non-Schengen country and have been vaccinated, I do not need a test before flying but wanted to see if anyone had had experience with this lately.

Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2021, 5:20 pm

Ok, so reading TIMATIC - entry for vaccinated US residents is permitted, but transit to a Schengen country (i.e. Spain) still isn't. Is that right? Anyone actually transited ZRH since the new rules?
Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:10 pm

That’s exactly my question. Just checked TIMATIC for entering and transiting. Entering permitted and transiting not allowed. This doesn’t make any sense as I could just book the two segments separately so hopefully any recent data points can put us at ease.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:54 pm

Asking SWISS on Twitter is useless. Give completely irrelevant answers. Wish I could find their local number for the New York airport handling office - those are the only guys whose opinion I care about.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:54 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Basanez
That’s exactly my question. Just checked TIMATIC for entering and transiting. Entering permitted and transiting not allowed. This doesn’t make any sense as I could just book the two segments separately so hopefully any recent data points can put us at ease.
I just checked TIMATIC (through IATA Travel Centre) and it was updated with a June 27th date. You can transit from a non-Schengen to a Schengen state if you are from the USA and some other non-Schengen countries, under point 2. If you are vaccinated, you don't need to get tested either, under point 3. And of course the usual contact tracing paper you need to fill in but that's for everyone. What annoys me is that you can do this online, get a QR code proving you did it and transporters (at least Iberia did) are still asking you to do a paper version on board, for their record as they need to submit these to the authorities... talk about efficiency.

But final point is: fully vaccinated Americans can transit to a Schengen state through Switzerland.
mildfrequence and tr3k like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
https://lhg.corporate.travel-regulat...h-enabled=true

Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
I just checked TIMATIC (through IATA Travel Centre) and it was updated with a June 27th date. You can transit from a non-Schengen to a Schengen state if you are from the USA and some other non-Schengen countries, under point 2. If you are vaccinated, you don't need to get tested either, under point 3. And of course the usual contact tracing paper you need to fill in but that's for everyone. What annoys me is that you can do this online, get a QR code proving you did it and transporters (at least Iberia did) are still asking you to do a paper version on board, for their record as they need to submit these to the authorities... talk about efficiency.

But final point is: fully vaccinated Americans can transit to a Schengen state through Switzerland.
Thank you. I actually just got an answer from [email protected] confirming this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:10 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
The link provided by oliver2002 is quite good too, it gives you another link to Travelcheck | Einreisecheck (admin.ch)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.