Multiple Voluntary Changes to Business Flex Ticket

Old May 15, 2021, 1:54 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Multiple Voluntary Changes to Business Flex Ticket

Hello

I booked an intra-european Business Flex ticket back in March (P class). In the meantime I have changed the dates once. Now I would like to change the dates once again but the website doesn't allow it. After selecting the new dates I get an error.

I was under the assumption that I can change a Flex ticket as many times as I please? I guess I need to call to change again. Any experiences with multiple changes?
Old May 15, 2021, 2:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Need to call, the online engine gets confused...
florens likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 2:27 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Roger that.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 3:05 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

And another question, to which I have not found an answer to yet. Can the return flight be changed after the outbound has been flown?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 12:43 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
How about this. I have a fully flexible full-fare International business class ticket with Swiss. It is completely changeable and allows re-routing. Zurich is a transit point - and I am here now - The ticket started last year in August in Scandinavia and was to go to the Cayman Islands - but Cayman was closed and still is. Who would have thought??
Now - as solution to solve the use of the ticket - a new destination is being selected. It is in the same fare zone/ exact same fare - exact same fare basis and same rules so it would be a simple change. Ticket allows this change as a basic rule (re-route permitted).
Problem - is we need to extend the ticket now - as it will expire in August (12 months).
So - after going back and forth with (LH Group agent) rates - they are not allowing a ticket extension and a change in destination - even though the destination change is allowed per the basic rules. So perhaps another way to phrase it is . . once we change the destination to get the ticket exchanged - they will not allow an extension of validity.
Believe it or not - they are offering a refund (around 90% due to partially flown).
What is crazy is that in an era or empty planes and airlines desperate to get flyers on planes - that I would basically get an offer of a full refund instead of a simple (truly very minor) extension.
Nothing with airlines surprises me - but where someone feels that it makes more sense to provide a full refund (i.e. where we will not reissue) instead of providing - for example - a one week extension so the ticket can be used in full!!??
As I say - - in this example - when and if we do not travel (after seriously making inconvenient re-routes and destination changes) the only thing that wins is the fare rates computer!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.