Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help No Jan 2022 space from SIN BKK DEL?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2021, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
No Jan 2022 space from SIN BKK DEL?

Hoping you LX experts can help a noob unravel a mystery.

Been watching as LX releases award seats through Dec 2021 & into Jan 2022 for a Southeast Asia - ZRH flight in Jan 2022. Most domestic and international routes have released award availability up to Jan 9 2022 (as of today) including for example HKG-ZRH, NRT-ZRH etc.
However, NO award space in 2022 on ANY dates have been released on the routes to ZRH from SIN, BKK & DEL - seats on those routes were release up to Dec 31 2021 but no further. Seats on those flights are still available for PURCHASE, just no seats at all released for redemption.

Any ideas what might be happening here? Randomness? Planned route changes? Thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hmm, odd, I have two Biz tickets in early Jan 2022 on LX routing XXX-ZRH-SIN with flight to SIN being LX176.

I know that is the other way around, but at least that was being available. I booked through M&M and made the booking 2 months ago already. YMMV.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by demue
Hmm, odd, I have two Biz tickets in early Jan 2022 on LX routing XXX-ZRH-SIN with flight to SIN being LX176.

I know that is the other way around, but at least that was being available. I booked through M&M and made the booking 2 months ago already. YMMV.
OP is asking about reward seats, not regularly paid...
Old Mar 16, 2021, 11:23 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by opentag
Hoping you LX experts can help a noob unravel a mystery.

Been watching as LX releases award seats through Dec 2021 & into Jan 2022 for a Southeast Asia - ZRH flight in Jan 2022. Most domestic and international routes have released award availability up to Jan 9 2022 (as of today) including for example HKG-ZRH, NRT-ZRH etc.
However, NO award space in 2022 on ANY dates have been released on the routes to ZRH from SIN, BKK & DEL - seats on those routes were release up to Dec 31 2021 but no further. Seats on those flights are still available for PURCHASE, just no seats at all released for redemption.

Any ideas what might be happening here? Randomness? Planned route changes? Thanks.
March 2, I booked bkk-vie-gva (January 4) with OS, then a new award was released (January 9) few days later so I changed it.
At the same time first available Bkk-zrh-gva on LX that I saw was on January 11th (date did not fit my schedule), I guessed I was too late already in my search of award with LX.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 11:59 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by BinSabai
OP is asking about reward seats, not regularly paid...
Well if they are booked through M&M as mentioned by me then they are reward seats / redemptions using miles. Unless you associate something else with M&M I meant to indicate Miles & More just to be clear.

Maybe the OP can shed some light as to where he / she is "looking/ monitoring" from? If Miles & More as a FFP program, I could book those 2022 Jan flights already 2 months ago as mileage redemptions though admittedly the other direction Europe - SE Asia, e.g. to SIN. I'm Blue M&M so nothing special.

If he / she is using another *A FFP then that could be a very different picture. For example on LifeMiles (Avianca) reward seats on LX may not show at all or only sporadically. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Mar 17, 2021 at 12:07 am
Old Mar 21, 2021, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Regardless of the course, the OP will have to await release of award seats. There is plenty of time until 2022 and it is almost guaranteed that award availability will be released at some stage. When? Your guess is as good as mine. Keep checking on a regular basis.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 4:24 am

Just did another booking today for 2 pax in C for Dec 2021 SIN-ZRH-XXX and return in Jan 2022 for YYY-ZRH-SIN using Miles & More redemption booking and there is definitely availability to and from SE Asia around that Jan 2022 timeline and success may really depend on which FFP the OP was trying to use (e.g. Aeroplan as on his profile). YMMV.
cfischer and irishguy28 like this.

Last edited by demue; Mar 30, 2021 at 4:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.