Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid Test at ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2021, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Covid Test at ZRH

Hello! Has anyone used the new Checkport Covid PCR test at ZRH? It is quite pricey, but very quick (result in 5 hours!) and does not require a booking. Do you know if the certificates they issue are acceptable for travel to the UK? The certificate needs to have name, DOB, date and name of test device.

I've used the Amavita antigen test previously, but I am not sure it is acceptable for travel to the UK.

https://checkport.info/covid-testcen...afen-zuerich-2
Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Yes, I have used the Checkpoint saliva PCR test. Definitely less unpleasant than the nose swab. When I went one weekday morning, I was the only one and done in <10min.

I got my result 6h later as a pdf that was in English, and had all the data required (name, DOB, test type, test date & time, result, lab address).
Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Fantastic! Many thanks for sharing your experience.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 3:00 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by airoli
Yes, I have used the Checkpoint saliva PCR test. Definitely less unpleasant than the nose swab. When I went one weekday morning, I was the only one and done in <10min.

I got my result 6h later as a pdf that was in English, and had all the data required (name, DOB, test type, test date & time, result, lab address).
does this count as RT-PCR test?
Old Jan 26, 2021, 12:09 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
It's a PCR test. It counted to enter two countries demanding a PCR test. That's all I know.
BinSabai and swiss_global like this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Related question: Has anyone used the viselio.com services? You can take your test at home and then receive the result by email. It also offers an antigen testing service...
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:04 am

Thank you for this information, this will definitely help me from rushing around at my interim destination trying to find a test in order to fly the next day. Now just hope they still let us transit through ZRH coming from USA and RSA.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:33 pm

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
Originally Posted by encierro98
Thank you for this information, this will definitely help me from rushing around at my interim destination trying to find a test in order to fly the next day. Now just hope they still let us transit through ZRH coming from USA and RSA.
Be careful trying to transit through ZRH. Last Wednesday I flew LHR - ZRH and at check in saw several passengers turned away by check in staff. I overheard one conversation where the passenger was told he and hos friends could not transit. Why? I don't know, but they clearly thought it was going to be ok and were surprised to be turned away.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ginger50
Be careful trying to transit through ZRH. Last Wednesday I flew LHR - ZRH and at check in saw several passengers turned away by check in staff. I overheard one conversation where the passenger was told he and hos friends could not transit. Why? I don't know, but they clearly thought it was going to be ok and were surprised to be turned away.
That's probably because they were UK citizens. Now UK (and all other non-Schengen/EU) citizens aren't allowed to enter Switzerland or transit via Switzerland to another Schengen country, unless they enjoy free movement rights (ie are a family member of an EU/Swiss/EEA citizen or resident, or are themselves resident there). However, transit via a Swiss airport on a single ticket without leaving the non-Schengen airside area of the airport is possible. I am not sure if restrictions on travel from the UK and South Africa are still in place: basically only Swiss and Liechtenstein citizens and residents were allowed to board flights from the UK and RSA to ZRH and GVA.

Also, you might want to know that there is now a Covid test center in the non-Schengen airside area of ZRH.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by tosaerba24
T I am not sure if restrictions on travel from the UK and South Africa are still in place: basically only Swiss and Liechtenstein citizens and residents were allowed to board flights from the UK and RSA to ZRH and GVA.

Also, you might want to know that there is now a Covid test center in the non-Schengen airside area of ZRH.
So on my return from JNB to ORD via ZRH, could that be an issue transferring through Zurich even if we stay airside. I am hoping that is far enough out (June/July) where it won't be.
Those airside tests aren't cheap for a family of 4 but worth the hassle of not worrying about in JNB.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
So on my return from JNB to ORD via ZRH, could that be an issue transferring through Zurich even if we stay airside. I am hoping that is far enough out (June/July) where it won't be.
Those airside tests aren't cheap for a family of 4 but worth the hassle of not worrying about in JNB.
I understand your concern, but it’s simply too far out to give an appropriate response. The South Africa restrictions were primarily imposed due to the virus mutations. Recent reports indicate that the South African stain might not be so harmful. Therefore, restrictions might be lifted by June/July, the dates of your travel. But again, it’s too early to tell.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by swiss_global
I understand your concern, but it’s simply too far out to give an appropriate response. The South Africa restrictions were primarily imposed due to the virus mutations. Recent reports indicate that the South African stain might not be so harmful. Therefore, restrictions might be lifted by June/July, the dates of your travel. But again, it’s too early to tell.
Agreed and thank you. But does that mean it is not possible today to fly from South Africa to US via Zurich?
Old Mar 8, 2021, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Agreed and thank you. But does that mean it is not possible today to fly from South Africa to US via Zurich?
I actually think that now non-Schengen to non-Schengen transits are allowed, but I'm not 100% sure. The rules change constantly, it's a total pain. I can't wait to get some degree of normality and actually know what to expect.
encierro98 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.