Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Winter/Fall 2021 Schedule (ORD-ZRH)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2020, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Swiss Winter/Fall 2021 Schedule (ORD-ZRH)

Hello,

Does anyone know updated the winter/spring 2021 lang haul flight schedule is for Swiss? We are due to fly in March (on the 10th to be exact) from ORD - ZRH and then only MLE with Edelweiss.

right now swiss is flying 3-4x weekly up until the end of feb on ZRH-ORD and then every day in march. the reason i ask is because our flight is currently on a wednesday, which in the current flight plan (dec-feb) is not a day where swiss expects to fly.

does swiss show 7x weekly in march simply because the march schedule still hasn’t been updated? if that’s the case, does anyone know how far out swiss usually updates their monthly flight plan?
Old Nov 6, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by rvlcr
does swiss show 7x weekly in march simply because the march schedule still hasn’t been updated?
Yes.
if that’s the case, does anyone know how far out swiss usually updates their monthly flight plan?
It's a very fluid situation with multiple waves of updates (read: cancellations) that can happen at any time. For reference, I booked a transatlantic flight for late December 5 days ago. Yesterday, LX removed it from the schedule.

You will have to be flexible.
moreaki likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by airoli
Yes.It's a very fluid situation with multiple waves of updates (read: cancellations) that can happen at any time. For reference, I booked a transatlantic flight for late December 5 days ago. Yesterday, LX removed it from the schedule.

You will have to be flexible.
thank you. i’m tempted to cancel the ticket and just buy a flight with qatar, since they are consistent and will fly.

edelweiss will prove to be as much of a headache as swiss, if not more.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: LX HON
Originally Posted by rvlcr
thank you. i’m tempted to cancel the ticket and just buy a flight with qatar, since they are consistent and will fly. edelweiss will prove to be as much of a headache as swiss, if not more.
I'd personally do the ORD/ZRH on LX F and then switch to the QR A350/B777 in C to MLE via DOH. Or go full QR from ORD via DOH to MLE in C on A350/B777 combo. It's much better then WK's options and you get there at 07:30 local time. Just about perfect for a second breakfast and a morning dive.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
The golf carriers such as EK or QR seem to be more reliable currently with the scheduling, hence highly would recomend to Book a one stop flight via DOH or DXB to MLE at this stage. (I woul have never given you such a recomendation before COVID ) Nevertheless, planing trips at this stage is only something for last minute plans, hence whatever you will book at the end, you will only know at best 1-2 weeks before your actual trip more realistically if the chances are realistic that it will actually happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.