Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple ticket reissue delays/failures/overcharges. What's wrong with Swiss?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by airoli
To the best of my knowledge, and according to this article, Swiss has not yet tapped into any Swiss government aid. Swiss government aid is contingent on certain conditions and obligations, and the new LH Group management, including the German state as a shareholder, is still debating whether they need the Swiss money, therefore having to accept the Swiss conditions as well.
That article is behind a paywall. What are the Swiss conditions attached to the funds? I am aware of Swiss being required to refund all outstanding cancelled tickets by September, and I’m not sure they’re even thinking of managing that, but not of any others. I seriously believe LH Group has got too big in Europe. The easy way in which Air Berlin was edged out shows that the German state does not really object to this either. So yes, if I were the Swiss Government I would attach conditions too. As I said, I cannot access that article, but I hope, and suspect there is a degree of autonomy included for Swiss which neither Lufthansa nor Mutti like too much.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
What are the Swiss conditions attached to the funds?.
According to NZZ
  • Aid can only be used if all market sources of capital are exhausted
  • Aid must be used in proportion to aid offered by LHG parent company
  • LX may not pay dividends or send the aid money to parent company
  • Aid comes with commercial interest rates
  • As flight capacity is restored, ZRH and GVA must regain capacity proportionally to FRA and MUC
Old Jul 29, 2020, 1:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by airoli
According to NZZ
  • Aid can only be used if all market sources of capital are exhausted
  • Aid must be used in proportion to aid offered by LHG parent company
  • LX may not pay dividends or send the aid money to parent company
  • Aid comes with commercial interest rates
  • As flight capacity is restored, ZRH and GVA must regain capacity proportionally to FRA and MUC
None of those conditions seem unreasonable if LHG is serious about continuing with Swiss at all. I do suspect the Swiss Government might have a "Plan B" if LHG were to completely drop Swiss too.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 12:54 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
New article in the Tages-Anzeiger today confirming that LHG and the German government have not yet accepted Swiss government aid for LX - notably because they deliberate on wanting / having to meet the attached conditions. For now, LHG has provided cash to keep LX in the air.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 3:52 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
None of those conditions seem unreasonable if LHG is serious about continuing with Swiss at all. I do suspect the Swiss Government might have a "Plan B" if LHG were to completely drop Swiss too.
The biggest issue I see is GVA... The rest seems fair and reasonable to me, as well.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
A bit late, but to save Googling fingers: SPU is Split

Originally Posted by AntonS
Recently flew ZRH-SPU roundtrip, booked as Swiss and operated by Edelweiss. I requested ticket changes on both outbound (30 hours before departure to change from Y to C because I noticed difference was very small) and return flights (12 hours before departure to change date).
For airports likely to be below the horizon for a lot of FTers it's maybe a kindness to use names rather than codes. Achieved here with just two extra key strokes ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.