Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there such a thing as an Auto Re Rebooking?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Is there such a thing as an Auto Re Rebooking?

I booked a morn flight out of ZRH and an afternoon flight back,LX seems to have dropped both flights and rebooked me on their other set of flights, which frankly just doenst work for me. Now since its a UA tkt where UA is the carrier to/from ZRH and LX is the connecting carrier I know I am entitled to a 100% full Refund.But what I dont know is what the title says, should LX put back the flights I had booked would LX automatically move me back to those flights or is it something I have to track and call up and request?

Last edited by craz; Jul 5, 2020 at 2:58 pm
Old Jul 6, 2020, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If you have been rebooked to other flights and then later LX reinstates the flights and you want to get rebooked, you need to contact UA who issued the ticket and it will be viewed as a voluntary change to be dealt with according to the ticket rules. But to answer your Q: No, once rebooked the UA system will not rebook you automatically if/when better suited flights become available. If you want to rebook again you need to find out yourself and contact UA for rebooking.

LX will not touch a ticket issued by UA.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 8:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
If you have been rebooked to other flights and then later LX reinstates the flights and you want to get rebooked, you need to contact UA who issued the ticket and it will be viewed as a voluntary change to be dealt with according to the ticket rules. But to answer your Q: No, once rebooked the UA system will not rebook you automatically if/when better suited flights become available. If you want to rebook again you need to find out yourself and contact UA for rebooking.

LX will not touch a ticket issued by UA.
thx, with the fare now 2x what I paid my gut tells me it wont be a free change, Update, seems LX hasnt rebooked me Offically and are willing to put me on a code-share flight at Noon instead of a 11 pm flight and will let me return a day later then I was suppose , without being refared. Now the problem is a meeting I was suppose to be at the day after I got back home seems that it cant be pushed off. And with Wave2 hitting alot harder Im very much doubt that my final destination will open up before 1/21 for non-citizens

Last edited by craz; Jul 6, 2020 at 1:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.