Repricing after cancellation

Old Jun 30, 20, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Repricing after cancellation

My JNB-ZRH and HKG-ZRH-ORD flights got canceled. Wanted to change both flights for next year. Agent on a phone told me the only way not to have it repriced is to take a flight within 7 days of original booking or first available after they resume the flights. On Swiss website I havenít seen anything about repricing tickets. Is this a normal policy? One flight a P fare, other Z fare if that matters. I do want to take these flights, but Swiss gives me no option but to cancel them. Am I missing something?
Old Jul 1, 20, 12:04 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
You realise that there is an entire thread in this forum about refund or rebooking of cancelled flights due to Covid-19? I suggest you look there for first hand experiences with rebooking after flight cancellation.

To sum it up it seems to be a hit or miss/depending on the agent you talk to whether rebooking to a later date convenient to you without recalculation of the fare /up-fare will be allowed. However, lately it appears that practice has been aligned to reflect what you have been told; rebooking to a later date (outside the narrow window of up to 7 days) is subject to payment of add. fare if P/Z class respectively is not available for the new flights.
Old Jul 2, 20, 3:35 pm

Programs: M&M, LHW, Shangri-La.
No way.
if LX cancels and you rebook the same route until Dec 2021 (likely you’ll need to adhere to the same stopover, and min & max stay), then there is no repricing. You need travel class availability (Business Class) not fare class (P/Z).
You may need to call more than once because that’s too difficult for some agents, but this is how it‘s published on LX.com.

Repricing only happens if you choose to rebook yourself from a flight that operates.

tickets booked up to and including 15 May 2020
Your flight has been cancelled
If your flight has been cancelled, you have the following options:
  1. You can rebook free of charge to an alternative flight to the same destination and within the same travel class.
  2. Your ticket will remain valid and you can use it towards a future flight. Latest start of travel is 31 December 2021. If you would like to choose this option, please get in touch with us, latest by 31 January 2021.You can also change your destination and your travel class. (...)

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; Jul 2, 20 at 3:54 pm
Old Jul 2, 20, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard View Post
Repricing only happens if you choose to rebook yourself from a flight that operates.
...or you use your credit / voucher on a different route. In this case, the fares available at the moment of making your new booking apply.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: