Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss cancellation e-mails

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Update - email received today with a schedule change where they have pushed the departure of the BKK segment out later. Change is in excess of 3 hours. Does anyone know what the policy is for cancellation ie you can cancel after a change of x hours?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
My flights AMS to Dar Es Salam are also cancelled ( via Zurich ) It ws a great deal one way in first , return in business. I am not sure what to do , rebook later for next year or ask for a refund ?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by scubadave
My flights AMS to Dar Es Salam are also cancelled ( via Zurich ) It ws a great deal one way in first , return in business. I am not sure what to do , rebook later for next year or ask for a refund ?
If you want to fly: ask them to accomodate you on another flight in the same class due to EU passenger rights...
Old Jul 1, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
I did not receive any email from LX so went to check online for a couple of bookings. One booking is gva-zrh-mct return in F end of September. --> cancelled.
Tomorrow I call in and ask to be rebooked on EK .
Old Jul 2, 2020, 12:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello,

I also got one of this mails re schedule change from Bcn to BKK via ZRH.
Out rebooked for a day earlier, this could probably be OK.
Return only offering the segment ZRH to BCN but the segment BKK to ZRH is not there, and they ask me if I want to accept changes

Tried to call 3 times to the Sen line in Switzerland and each time, after 20’ waiting I hang up.

If I do nothing the tickets will be reimbursed one day or I have to ask specifically?
It was a companion ticket in Biz, unless there is again the same offer, any rescheduling will mean re pricing?

Thanks,
Old Jul 2, 2020, 2:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you do nothing the booking remains suspended, there is no urgency to call in and ask for a refund/rebooking. But you have to call in, it would be better if it is before the departure of the outbound. LH/LX/OS just cancelled/revised the entire summer schedule till the end of October, so the call centers will be busy for a while. The policy applicable for cancelled segments is detailled here:

https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_141893.pdf
Old Jul 2, 2020, 5:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you do nothing the booking remains suspended, there is no urgency to call in and ask for a refund/rebooking. But you have to call in, it would be better if it is before the departure of the outbound. LH/LX/OS just cancelled/revised the entire summer schedule till the end of October, so the call centers will be busy for a while. The policy applicable for cancelled segments is detailled here:

https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_141893.pdf
Thanks very much oliver2002
Old Jul 2, 2020, 7:56 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
I did not receive any email from LX so went to check online for a couple of bookings. One booking is gva-zrh-mct return in F end of September. --> cancelled.
Tomorrow I call in and ask to be rebooked on EK .
Hah! Good luck
Let us know how that goes.
Originally Posted by scubadave
You don't have to decide now. Just leave the ticket open (but make sure all your active segments are removed from it). You can always request a refund later or just ask to be rebooked until 31st January 2021 (for travel dates until the end of 2021).
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:43 am

Following the advice given by the guru of that German language forum, I’ve just called the FTL hotline for removing the remaining active segments from various PNRs and for expressing my intention of rebooking later on under the INVOL rule.

To my surprise, I was connected to the BSL call center immediately.

The friendly agent informed me as follows:
  • Maximum ticket validity under the INVOL rule is 1 year, meaning all travel must be completed 1 year after the date of the original outbound
  • INVOL re-bookings must be made “soon”, waiting until January 31st will result in re-pricing. I refrained from asking what “soon” means.
  • When the new flights are on LH Group, booking class is not an issue. Even award tickets can be booked into any revenue bucket.

She admitted that the rules change frequently. More or less an invitation to HUACA.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 8:18 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Yak40
Following the advice given by the guru of that German language forum, I’ve just called the FTL hotline for removing the remaining active segments from various PNRs and for expressing my intention of rebooking later on under the INVOL rule.

To my surprise, I was connected to the BSL call center immediately.

The friendly agent informed me as follows:
  • Maximum ticket validity under the INVOL rule is 1 year, meaning all travel must be completed 1 year after the date of the original outbound
  • INVOL re-bookings must be made “soon”, waiting until January 31st will result in re-pricing. I refrained from asking what “soon” means.
  • When the new flights are on LH Group, booking class is not an issue. Even award tickets can be booked into any revenue bucket.

She admitted that the rules change frequently. More or less an invitation to HUACA.
The one year ticket validity isn't true. I've rebooked flights that were due in May this year to June 2021 without issue.
Same applies to the rebookings. The ticket stays valid even after the original departure dates. The flights for May were cancelled about a month before and I've rebooked more than two month after the cancellation. I'd argue this doesn't fly under "soon". The last point is true though.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Have had several cancellations (and no email received probably due to the server overloads) and had to call in to get rebooked. We must be understanding in this very complicated times ...
Old Jul 6, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I'm a bit confused about the issue of re-pricing if cancelled LX flights are not immediately rebooked, and I am supposed to advise a friend who is in this situation:
  • Booked Valentine's Day special (2 pax) for LX A class transatlantic, travel in Sep/Oct
  • Received one of these cancellation emails a few days ago. Email says he must decide what to do by 17 July, or else flights will be cancelled but tickets remain valid
  • Friend would like to postpone entire trip by one full year, i.e. to Sep/Oct 2021. Same route. This means his new flights don't "exist" yet to be booked.
Can anyone confirm that if we do nothing, my friend can call LX around December, when Oct 2021 flights are published, and ask to be rebooked to these flights without repricing ?
Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 4:24 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by airoli
I'm a bit confused about the issue of re-pricing if cancelled LX flights are not immediately rebooked, and I am supposed to advise a friend who is in this situation:
  • Booked Valentine's Day special (2 pax) for LX A class transatlantic, travel in Sep/Oct
  • Received one of these cancellation emails a few days ago. Email says he must decide what to do by 17 July, or else flights will be cancelled but tickets remain valid
  • Friend would like to postpone entire trip by one full year, i.e. to Sep/Oct 2021. Same route. This means his new flights don't "exist" yet to be booked.
Can anyone confirm that if we do nothing, my friend can call LX around December, when Oct 2021 flights are published, and ask to be rebooked to these flights without repricing ?
Thanks.
Hoi Oli
Same situation for my parents. Was told that 1 free rebooking is allowed. Start and end destination need to be untouched. You can however connect in different cities or change the airline.
if you intend to fly more than a year later than originally booked, they will recalculate the taxes but the fare remains the same.
airoli likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL (*Silver), KLM/AF blue
Got another of these e-mails: The informed me of the 10 minutes schedule changes. E-mail said I had to accept with 2 weeks or booking would be cancelled. I wonder what would happen if did not accept and just turned up at the airport...
. I mean they cannot cancel bookings like that... can they? Would they still honor the reservation?
Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by Key8
Got another of these e-mails: The informed me of the 10 minutes schedule changes. E-mail said I had to accept with 2 weeks or booking would be cancelled. I wonder what would happen if did not accept and just turned up at the airport...
. I mean they cannot cancel bookings like that... can they? Would they still honor the reservation?
Now the fun question is: if you cancel, would they refund full amount (as in significant time change) or as per ticket rule (since 10 mins is not important and hence it's considered voluntary cancellation) ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.