Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX lounges restarting

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by shipsmail
When can we expect the reopening of LX lounges in ZRH? The website says, we can use the Aspire lounge. How can the Aspire lounge open, but LX lounges cannot?
So far it was not worth it to have any SWISS lounges open given the low passengers frequencies. Since the begining of this month the amount of passengers slowly is increasing and I read somewhere that likely by begining of July some of the LX lounges will open again.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 3:08 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by LXA350
So far it was not worth it to have any SWISS lounges open given the low passengers frequencies. Since the begining of this month the amount of passengers slowly is increasing and I read somewhere that likely by begining of July some of the LX lounges will open again.
Looking at how the Aspire lounge is often completely full, this has more to do with economic reasons than an apparent lack of demand.
vantage03 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Looking at how the Aspire lounge is often completely full
Is it? In this time of dramatically reduced schedules?

LX will have a threshold of daily lounge-eligible passengers going through ZRH, from which point they will decide that it's worth reopening some lounges. Given the economic situation they are in, I can imagine that threshold to be set at a relatively high level....
Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:51 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by airoli
Is it? In this time of dramatically reduced schedules?

LX will have a threshold of daily lounge-eligible passengers going through ZRH, from which point they will decide that it's worth reopening some lounges. Given the economic situation they are in, I can imagine that threshold to be set at a relatively high level....
Last Sunday afternoon there was a 15min waiting period to get in because the lounge was at max capacity.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 1:14 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Keeping lounges closed due the lack of eligible pax is actually causing that "eligible pax" will not take LH / LX at all.
I am doing exactly that -- until there is no F/HON limousine service and I can not use First/HON lounges, I avoid travelling with LHG.
I am quite sure that I am not only pax like that.
So actually they should rethink their economic reasons. As if high paying pax will not fly, also the income of airline will drop a lot.
I do not choose airline just due frequency (what actually is poor today anyway) and not due price. I choose it almost solely due the service level i get.
chris63 and cbourl like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 5:41 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by Raul_R
Keeping lounges closed due the lack of eligible pax is actually causing that "eligible pax" will not take LH / LX at all.
I am doing exactly that -- until there is no F/HON limousine service and I can not use First/HON lounges, I avoid travelling with LHG.
I am quite sure that I am not only pax like that..
I am also sure that you are not the only pax like that.

But I am also quite sure that even in normal times, never mind in these times for dramatically reduced schedules and a reluctance to extend travel times with connections etc., only a small majority of lounge-eligible customers choose their itinerary based on what lounges, if any, are available. The vast majority of lounge-eligible frequent flyers are not Flyertalkers and don't devote our amount of passion to travel and its trappings.
LX blog entry on the subject here.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 6:28 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
How many airlines have lounges that are open right now - hardly any...
Old Jun 17, 2020, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Raul_R
So what airlines have you found that supply the limo services and lounges ?

I think most people who need to travel right now are simply pleased to find services operating.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Qatar kept all is lounges open and is winning new customers, like me.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Brb booking LHR-NCE via DOH.
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by sophialite
Brb booking LHR-NCE via DOH.
Why not? I’ve seen stranger routings because of a lounge here on FlyerTalk.
florens likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ulyparis
Qatar kept all is lounges open and is winning new customers, like me.
This isn’t correct. Their First Class Lounge has been closed for months.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Swiss is using the Aspire lounge in Zurich. Does anybody know if both are open (Dock E as well) - or only the one in the main building between A and B/D?
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:54 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Is Dock E back in operation?
Old Jun 19, 2020, 12:25 pm

I heard a rumor from a friend who heard from the Aspire lounge agent that Swiss reopens some ZRH lounge(s) next Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.