Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX lounges restarting

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:55 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
It is really a shame how LX treats their premium and status pax by keeping their own lounges arbitrarily closed most of the time, and not even giving out vouchers for Sprüngli etc. You really don't feel welcomed anymore.
At least onboard the crews are doing a good job.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:11 am

Transited ZRH last week IAD-ZRH-IST. Lounges were all closed in D/E terminals, which made my 9 hour layover a little painful. As a DP for those wondering, I tried to go thru passport control to enter terminal A to use the open LX lounge, but was denied as a US passport holder. I suspect this may change in the near future as I'm seeing articles that Switzerland is soon opening to Americans.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 10:31 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Crazy lines: Saturday, 26 June

Hi,
Today was my first flight of this year and flew with LX via ZRH. Upon arrival into ZRH after 11am, reaching the Swiss lounge around 11.25am, was met with a line to get into the lounge. Never ever had such experience before. Waited for about 15 mins to get in. Line was moving relatively ok'ish. When I left the lounge just after 12pm, there was no lines at all.
I suspect it was due to the holiday traffic.

Cheers!

Old Jun 26, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
and the guy with a >3000 USD long haul biz class ticket has to queue behind the one with a <70 USD cattle class holiday ticket, who got *A Gold from somewhere but never purchase biz class....
if they introduced some dress code, queues would be reduced significantly...
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by BinSabai
and the guy with a >3000 USD long haul biz class ticket has to queue behind the one with a <70 USD cattle class holiday ticket, who got *A Gold from somewhere but never purchase biz class....
Depends how you define the dress code. I fear that excluding the chap in the red trainers as not conforming to dress code would exclude 30% of lounge visitors, 60% of airline passengers in Europe and 95% of airline passengers in the US. I guess we just have to live with these sore sights.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:22 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
for ONE TIME I agree with you

More stringent entry requirements, SEN lounge access only for LH group G, for *G only C lounge. Feasible and in accordance with *alliance rules. AV does it in BOG.

And about dress code we can only dream, even multiple Michelin starred restaurants gave up on it.
more4less likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:13 am

Programs: LX SEN
I called again the SEN line in Basel to enquire about the schedule of the lounge reopening, as I have an F flight in July. But the agent could not provide me with any information. It sucks, especially when I look at the line on the pictures above.

On another note, the outfit of the guy in the red pants is perfectly appropriate for a flight, and in any event way above the average.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Indeed - i went into ZRH lounge last week and it was a zoo. I am passing through again on Thursday this week. Then have F flight on 14th July ZRH-GRU . Hoping some level of F service is restored....
Old Jun 27, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Nic33
I called again the SEN line in Basel to enquire about the schedule of the lounge reopening, as I have an F flight in July. But the agent could not provide me with any information. It sucks, especially when I look at the line on the pictures above.

On another note, the outfit of the guy in the red pants is perfectly appropriate for a flight, and in any event way above the average.
For what it's worth: in terms of that queue: there is a sign that says that F/HON can go to the front of the queue.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Depends how you define the dress code. I fear that excluding the chap in the red trainers as not conforming to dress code would exclude 30% of lounge visitors, 60% of airline passengers in Europe and 95% of airline passengers in the US. I guess we just have to live with these sore sights.
You are right about that +1

To me, the right attire have not always proven to be a sign of a courteous personality that respect other peoples personal space (in a lounge). I don`t find clotches to be offensive but peoples bad manner do.
I will trade a pair of sweat pant`s (I often wear them on long-haul flights) for a Kiton suit any day, if the owner knows how to behave.

I remember a rock band (most likely Heavy metal) sitting in the the Sen. A lounge. It was not that long before Corona hit.
If looks should have been the measurement of people, what would spring to mind were trashed hotel rooms and in this case lounge. But they were so "well mannered" and quiet.

I normally wanna be in my little bobble when in a lounge and clothes doesen`t burst it and that`s the case if I fly Y/J/F.

Last edited by Stil; Jun 28, 2021 at 2:46 pm
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
A dress code? Lol. I dress however I want.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 8:34 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MichielR
For what it's worth: in terms of that queue: there is a sign that says that F/HON can go to the front of the queue.
it is actually amazing and merciful of the LX management, that they do not let the F/HON passengers queue as well behind the 70 USD holiday airfare cattle class herds in their not so smart casual attire
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Does anyone know if / when the ORD (Chicago) LX lounges will be open? With the UA Polaris lounge closed, I'm feeling pretty bad about buying a revenue F ticket ORD to Zurich only to be able to use a domestic United Club (which will probably be so overcrowded that they turn me away anyways).
Old Jun 28, 2021, 12:04 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
it is actually amazing and merciful of the LX management, that they do not let the F/HON passengers queue as well behind the 70 USD holiday airfare cattle class herds in their not so smart casual attire
Yes and if it were somewhat practical they probably would allow SEN in suits to jump half the queue
Old Jun 28, 2021, 2:07 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ainternational
Does anyone know if / when the ORD (Chicago) LX lounges will be open?
It's not reopening.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33302310-post161.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.