Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More > Swiss International Air Lines
Reload this Page >

Newbie Question Swiss has cancelled the flight, but the flight is shown as confirmed on my booking.

Newbie Question Swiss has cancelled the flight, but the flight is shown as confirmed on my booking.

Old Jun 21, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
I had the same issue and I was told on the call center that supposedly on the 25th of June the next amendments of flight schedules will be decded / uploaded for July and possibly a bit further, hence some flights that currently are not bookable but where people hold reservations are still pending if they will actually be operated or eventually cancelled based on demand developments.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP's situation seems clear. He has been notified by the operating carrier of a flight that it has been cancelled. Thus, he is entitled to a refund of the entire ticket if he wishes. I am not sure what Amex has to do with this (did it act as the travel agent, payment form, or simply travel insurer)?

In any event, if OP purchased from LX, he should simply request a refund. If he purchased from any other channel, he should request a refund through that channel and provide a copy of the cancellation notification from LX as evidence of the cancellation.

As noted, there is no EC 261/2004 compensation for the cancellation within 14 days of departure.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 8:23 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by LXA350
I had the same issue and I was told on the call center that supposedly on the 25th of June the next amendments of flight schedules will be decded / uploaded for July and possibly a bit further, hence some flights that currently are not bookable but where people hold reservations are still pending if they will actually be operated or eventually cancelled based on demand developments.
That's kind of them to begin taking action on flights for July five days before July begins......

It's a bit perplexing how they are measuring demand for tickets on routes that they're not selling tickets ....?!
Old Jun 22, 2020, 7:58 am
Original Poster

A bit of good news: We just received the confirmation from SWISS that our flights had been cancelled and a full refund would be processed, although they can't advise an exact time frame of processing refund.

Have anyone received the refund from SWISS recently?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 3:00 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Yes, but expect for it to take a few months.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:35 pm

Just following up. Received my full refund on 2 SWISS Business class tickets on cancelled flight SFO-ZRH. Money redeposited back to my credit card account a mere 40 days after my flight was due to depart. I was patient throughout the process, waited to request a refund until after my flight had been cancelled, and received USD6,600+ in full after Swiss put in my request for a refund. I am VERY pleased and satisfied by the process in these dire times. Happy to remain healthy, too. I will definitely fly SWISS again. Patience paid off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.