Widebody aircraft on short haul Euro routes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:20 am
mbr
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Widebody aircraft on short haul Euro routes

Hi all

Planning on a weekend trip together with +1 for March. We don't care where to go as long as it is a nice location. Of course this would be a good occasion to try the new 777 on a Europe Routing. Is there any complete overview where one can see all routes that are flown with the 777? On the internet I only found a few snipplets.

Greets
mbr

Last edited by mbr; Feb 18, 2016 at 6:31 am Reason: Typo in title.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:15 am

I found this list:

http://airlineroute.net/2015/12/17/l...-feb16update3/

Schedule changes can occur...
Old Feb 18, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
I found this list:

http://airlineroute.net/2015/12/17/l...-feb16update3/

Schedule changes can occur...
you guys are amazing. I am flying PRG-ZRH on MArch 31 - so now will try to move it to the 1st. It will be really amazing if we can get on that one!!
Old Apr 2, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
ZRH - HAJ today morning was the first commercial flight of the second 777 delivered to LX two days ago. Interesting bird; in my view some pro and cons in business class - the window seats are worse compare to A340/330, a few small things like ipad and bottle holder are quiet nice. I dont like the seatbelt like in cars with a second belt (same that LH has in first of the 747-8). In first class the new seat is much better than the A340 but I feel once all is closed-up also a bit like a box - I rather prefer an open space cabin.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 8:26 pm

Why are window seats worse?
I did like 4A and 7A.

BTW, the shoulder belt is only for takeoff and landing.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 4:13 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Why are window seats worse?
I did like 4A and 7A.

BTW, the shoulder belt is only for takeoff and landing.
Sorry to be precise, I mean the window seats in a double i.e. 5A , as you have even less space to get out than before. I fully agree on the very good 'thron' seats. My preferred too.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:53 pm

Two questions on the 777:-
1. Is 4A superior to 5K?
2. Are the toilets between the mini cabin and the main business cabin in the same positions as the 340?
Many thanks
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by duan
Two questions on the 777:-
1. Is 4A superior to 5K?
2. Are the toilets between the mini cabin and the main business cabin in the same positions as the 340?
Many thanks
1. Yes, but only because it is further away from the galley area. I have had a few European sectors on the 777, and the amount of noise coming from there was unbelievable: mainly chatter from the crew, who don't seem to have realized that area is not a flying staff cafeteria and they are supposed to be at work... If these flights would have been long-haul I would have complained to the MdC (maybe LX should invest in some of SQ's stickers; they used to have them in the galley areas with the caption "work silently, speak softly" ;-)

2. Pretty much, except there is now a 3rd one. Suggest you check out the seat maps!
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Unhappy

Originally Posted by HKG1111
ZRH - HAJ today morning was the first commercial flight of the second 777 delivered to LX two days ago. Interesting bird; in my view some pro and cons in business class - the window seats are worse compare to A340/330, a few small things like ipad and bottle holder are quiet nice. I dont like the seatbelt like in cars with a second belt (same that LH has in first of the 747-8). In first class the new seat is much better than the A340 but I feel once all is closed-up also a bit like a box - I rather prefer an open space cabin.
Well, the A340 F seats should have been thrown out years ago ;-) Unfortunately they will remain around for a few years with some of the A340's not yet being replaced

As to the window seats (I assume you are referring to the pairs), I haven't sat in them yet as I have had single seats, but they didn't look worse than the A330 to me, and as I posted just earlier they also have the benefit of making the bed wider by lowering the armrests, just like the A330.

And as to the three point seat belts, for take off and landing they make much more sense (just like in cars ;-) than just a simple belt. However, it would make more sense if there is more leeway in when the shoulder strap is actually used: just for the take off and landing phases, and not already when the seat belt sign is switched on: it is impractical and serves no real purpose if you need to keep it on 20 minutes prior to landing (then why not the whole flight). On one of my last flights I had a flight attendant (...must have worked for the police prior to joining LX the way she went about it) that was quite adamant about everybody wearing the shoulder strap the moment the fasten seat belt sign came on, and that was at least 20 minutes prior to the actual landing
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
LX1026/7 ZRH-DUS-ZRH operated by A343 on March 31

Spotted LX A343 at DUS today (March 31), operated the late afternoon/evening ZRH-DUS-ZRH run

Have taken this flight for quite a few times, wondering why they sent the big bird today, anybody knows?

Just curious...
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: LH FTL, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by newflyer530
Spotted LX A343 at DUS today (March 31), operated the late afternoon/evening ZRH-DUS-ZRH run

Have taken this flight for quite a few times, wondering why they sent the big bird today, anybody knows?

Just curious...
Same in GVA yesterday morning, A343 operated the morning flight ZRH-GVA-ZRH, not very usual.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Pilot trainings, typcically. Nothing too unusual.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
I also saw the bird taking off over my house in DUS. Nice to see the A340 here, too bad I always miss out on the big birds intra-Europe.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Will be the same today, HB-JMA coming in from PVG, and is then scheduled to fly the 1026/1027 rotation today (with me in 5K on LX1026). According to Flightradar24, the same machine is scheduled to fly several short-haul trips (ZRH-VIE vv, ZRH-BCN vv) tomorrow.

However, I only received an "equipment change" e-mail with the notification that my seat reservation had to be changed the day before yesterday, so this seems to be quite short noticed.

Somehow, I suspect that, with the delivery of their additionally ordered 777s, LX now have too many long-haul planes, and just want to keep them in the air..
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by bruce80
Somehow, I suspect that, with the delivery of their additionally ordered 777s, LX now have too many long-haul planes, and just want to keep them in the air.
This is not how the economics of operating planes work. Nobody flies a wide-body rather than a narrow-body just to keep the former "in the air".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.