Weird looking reservation - flight cancelled or not?

Old May 16, 20, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Weird looking reservation - flight cancelled or not?

Hi,
I have an Avianca Lifemiles booking on Swiss that I won't use so I'm just looking for a way to cancel and not pay the fee.

Having said that the problem here isn't Lifemiles (yet) but Swiss. I can log into my booking and it shows my flights HAJ-ZRH-JFK for 6/16 but according to the schedule I'm not sure that booking is still there. If I try a new booking on swiss a few days ago it showed my LH flights connecting in FRA/MUC/.... and when I tried again yesterday it showed me a routing with 2 connections.
To me it looks as if the route isn't being served on 6/16 (which is fine as my travel plans changed due to Covid) but when will Swiis cancel/inform me?
Old May 16, 20, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Your ticket is issued by LifeMiles on AV ticket stock, so Swiss will never inform you. This is the responsibility of the ticketing carrier and its agent, i.e. AV and LifeMiles.

If and when LX cancels the flights, the segments will show as cancelled in the PNR. The PNR lands on a notification queue at the issuing agent, from which point onwards it is their job to deal with the pax.
Should you suspect that LX has already cancelled the flights, you can call LifeMiles and ask them to check the segment status on the PNR.
blitzen likes this.
Old May 16, 20, 3:32 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
Your ticket is issued by LifeMiles on AV ticket stock, so Swiss will never inform you. This ....... you can call LifeMiles and ask them to check the segment status on the PNR.
I was in the same situation in April. But Airoli, never say never because Swiss informed me about the cancelled flight. And about contacting LM, I'd send them a short e-mail explaining that one of your flights has been cancelled etc... It's MUCH easier than over the phone, and it was positively answered (in my case) I believe in less than 24 hours.
blitzen likes this.

Last edited by Artemio; May 16, 20 at 3:36 pm Reason: .
Old May 17, 20, 2:45 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by Artemio View Post
I was in the same situation in April. But Airoli, never say never because Swiss informed me about the cancelled flight..
They must really like you!
Old May 17, 20, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by airoli View Post
They must really like you!
You've made my day! I guess they'll like me in a month of Sundays.
Jokes apart and thinking about it, it was probably due to my booking which was linked with my Swiss (not M&M) account.
Old May 17, 20, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Yes LM is a different story. But when I log into Swiss.com the reservation looks normal but when I try a dummy booking the flights are not shown at all (and judging by their Covid schedule they won't fly this route)..... judging by teh PNR all is fine but every other indicator points to problems and one would think they want to tell me 30+ days in advance so that no EU262 comes into play (yes I know Switzerland is not part of teh EU).
Old May 17, 20, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
Yes LM is a different story. But when I log into Swiss.com the reservation looks normal but when I try a dummy booking the flights are not shown at all (and judging by their Covid schedule they won't fly this route)..... judging by teh PNR all is fine but every other indicator points to problems and one would think they want to tell me 30+ days in advance so that no EU262 comes into play (yes I know Switzerland is not part of teh EU).
Maybe have a look on expertflyer to see how the availability looks like. And/or why not call Swiss about that flight?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: