Swiss cancelled my flight, wants to charge me 300EUR to fly my return

Old May 25, 20, 5:02 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
It has indeed been reported in other threads that LX /LH Group seem to enforce that you need to contact and cancel (but not rebook new flights) within 7/14 days of the original flight date, even if the flight has been cancelled by LX.

It doesn't really make sense because the flight has already been cancelled, but to avoid any discussion about it later on, it is better to call and cancel within 7 days of the cancelled flight. Rebooking can be done later.
Old May 25, 20, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by lehovec View Post
Just had chargeback refused by AMEX as Swis provided enough information (not sure what they provided ad the flight was cancelled). Not sure what to do next. To say I am fuming is understatement.
It has also been reported in other forums/threads that even AMEX seem to side with the airlines now and will refuse chargebacks. The credit card issuers seem to realise that approving all these chargebacks will drain the airlines for funds and lead to them going belly up. No one, neither the credit card issuers who will loose business, has an interest in this.
Old May 25, 20, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
It has indeed been reported in other threads that LX /LH Group seem to enforce that you need to contact and cancel (but not rebook new flights) within 7/14 days of the original flight date, even if the flight has been cancelled by LX.

It doesn't really make sense because the flight has already been cancelled, but to avoid any discussion about it later on, it is better to call and cancel within 7 days of the cancelled flight. Rebooking can be done later.
I am confused by what you are saying. SN cancelled my flight today, I phoned and had the refund confirmed (but with no estimated timescale). Do I need to phone again within a few days of my originally scheduled departure date (end of June) to reconfirm this all over again? Or?

I have done lots of chargebacks for other airline tickets, but don't plan on doing it for this SN ticket and will just wait however long it takes, given that horrible experiences I am reading on here!
Old May 25, 20, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113 View Post
I am confused by what you are saying. SN cancelled my flight today, I phoned and had the refund confirmed (but with no estimated timescale).
No, not if you cancel. Only in case you want to rebook later under the "no-fee" rebooking policy.
Old May 25, 20, 8:35 am

Ok, so I am done with SN then and just have to wait (the many months, I am sure) until they refund. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: