INVOL reroute guidelines

Old May 13, 20, 11:18 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
INVOL reroute guidelines

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I have a CDG-ZRH-FRA-BOG A class return JAN-APR. the fare was 3000 euro. I flew outbound. The fare rules specify return from last stopover has to be within 3 months.

All flight from BOG cancelled for all of april and may. Swiss is refusing to allow INVOL reroute in June as it is outside of the +-7 days INVOL window (despite there being exactly 0 flights). As the original fare doesnt allow 3+ months stay in bogota the fare difference to the next available fare is another 3000 euro - which is frankly ridiculous.

Any ideas on how to proceed? I called swiss who agreed but said nothing they can do and my TA called trade support and got the same response...
Old May 13, 20, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Your sole remedy from your TA, not LX, is a refund of the unused segments. That is fairly clear from Guidance issued by the EC which is non-binding as to Member States and perhaps less so as to Switzerland. Thus, if you cannot convince your TA to extend the fare rules (it is down to your TA, not LX), take the refund and purchase the cheapest ticket on any carrier in any class of service as the #1 priority has to be repatriation.

You might also carefully review your travel interruption insurance (don't rely on what others tell you, but rather read the policy).

If you are out anything, you might consider pursuing the TA upon your return, but it is doubtful to be effective.
Old May 13, 20, 1:18 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Your sole remedy from your TA, not LX, is a refund of the unused segments. That is fairly clear from Guidance issued by the EC which is non-binding as to Member States and perhaps less so as to Switzerland. Thus, if you cannot convince your TA to extend the fare rules (it is down to your TA, not LX), take the refund and purchase the cheapest ticket on any carrier in any class of service as the #1 priority has to be repatriation.

You might also carefully review your travel interruption insurance (don't rely on what others tell you, but rather read the policy).

If you are out anything, you might consider pursuing the TA upon your return, but it is doubtful to be effective.
Oh dont worry I am not in BOG, I dont have a permanent residence anywhere so there is no 'repatriation' to be spoken of - I am currently enjoying beaches in Thailand.

I managed to get out of BOG on another quick buy miles redemption in march but I will be going back there for work repeatedly.

TA is my friend and the problem is that they are told to reprice oneway segment and refund difference (being 0). which is not an option in my view... swiss is royally screwing with customers here.
Old May 13, 20, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Oh dont worry I am not in BOG, I dont have a permanent residence anywhere so there is no 'repatriation' to be spoken of - I am currently enjoying beaches in Thailand.

I managed to get out of BOG on another quick buy miles redemption in march but I will be going back there for work repeatedly.

TA is my friend and the problem is that they are told to reprice oneway segment and refund difference (being 0). which is not an option in my view... swiss is royally screwing with customers here.
Your ticket should be repriced based on mileage, not as a single vs. a return. Thus, approximately 1/2 of the value ought to be refunded. Unfortunately, that is a fight between you and your friend, the TA. If you bring a small claims case, you will win on that point.
Old May 14, 20, 6:19 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Your ticket should be repriced based on mileage, not as a single vs. a return. Thus, approximately 1/2 of the value ought to be refunded. Unfortunately, that is a fight between you and your friend, the TA. If you bring a small claims case, you will win on that point.
Agreed, though second part of the problem is even if the refund were for the original fare flown (so approx half) LX is not allowing any refunds!
Old May 18, 20, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Any ideas on how to proceed?
Pay the EUR 3000 and sue LX for a full refund of the EUR 3000 later on.
LX must provide a free rebooking.
Old May 18, 20, 2:54 pm
Suspended

So long as you understand that LX will almost certainly ADM your friend the TA. E.g., collect back from him administratively. Nothing wrong with pursuing this, but there's an interpersonal aspect which only you can assess.
Old May 18, 20, 4:30 pm

TA is my friend
The money is legally yours. It's up to you to do (or not to do) what it takes to recover it. Business and friendship are typically a bad combination, and you seem to be learning that the hard way.
Old May 18, 20, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
You guys mean that LX will claim back the EUR 3000 from the TA via an ADM, in case TA lost EUR 3000 in a court case?
Old May 18, 20, 5:02 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by warakorn View Post
You guys mean that LX will claim back the EUR 3000 from the TA via an ADM, in case TA lost EUR 3000 in a court case?
Yeah thats what I think they'll do and I really don't want to put a friend in that position. I cannot chargeback either as it was a corporate VISA used to book the original ticket, not my personal amex,...
Old May 18, 20, 8:09 pm

Yeah thats what I think they'll do and I really don't want to put a friend in that position. I cannot chargeback either as it was a corporate VISA used to book the original ticket, not my personal amex,...
FWIW, you can do a chargeback with any credit card, including VISA.
Old May 18, 20, 8:57 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mmff View Post
FWIW, you can do a chargeback with any credit card, including VISA.
not my card, i dont have access to the account - and its quite an old charge, like 6 months...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: