FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   JUL-AUG Schedules - When Will There Be An Update? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/2017255-jul-aug-schedules-when-will-there-update.html)

CX828 May 7, 2020 4:17 am

JUL-AUG Schedules - When Will There Be An Update?

I have a booking to DAR in Mid-August, Putting lockdown and travel restrictions aside, what is LX plan for July/August Schedule for long haul? When can we expect a more concrete schedule that is based on new demand/restrictions?

I am assuming my DAR trip won't happen as I don't anticipate Tanzania allowing foreigners in, but I am wondering how LX and others are tentatively planning forward schedules?

LoungeLizzard May 7, 2020 3:21 pm

The Swiss CEO said in a press conference yesterday that they expect to operate about 15 to 20% of the normal capacity in June and reach 50% by year end, generally using smaller equipment. (A220 iso A320, A340 iso 777).

No schedule can and will be made putting travel restrictions and lockdowns aside. I think that the gradual lifting of restrictions and the simple „Where can people come from and where can they go to?“ will dominate any strategy well into summer.
I would expect that rebuilding of a network that offers connections and value gets priority only when there is a sufficient number of possible routes. Maybe that is the case in late summer?

Coming back to your question, I am purely guessing that I expect Swiss to replace their now outdated schedule to DAR for August with an updated one earliest in mid July or about two weeks after the entry restrictions are lifted. (...and I‘d expect Swiss vs. Tanzania & Kenia restrictions to be the most crucial ones, but they know at least the regular traffic pattern, so they will consider others as well.)

Dave_C May 12, 2020 10:35 am

I'm still waiting for them to confirm June's!

airoli May 13, 2020 12:27 am

I'm sure LH Group is still waiting for Schengen (and other) governments to confirm when border restrictions will be lifted. I am! ;)

Gioventu May 13, 2020 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Dave_C (Post 32369074)
I'm still waiting for them to confirm June's!

June schedule should be published by Friday this week.

LoungeLizzard May 14, 2020 2:18 pm

Up to June 14th is now published.

Gioventu May 14, 2020 10:00 pm

Updated long haul timetable for June

JFK (four times weekly)
ORD (twice weekly)
SIN (once weekly)
BKK (once weekly)
NRT (twice weekly)
BOM (three times weekly)
HKG (twice weekly)
JNB (once weekly)

Swiss WorldCargo, SWISS’s air cargo division, will carry additional cargo on these flights to support the global supply chains. The flight times of the intercontinental connections have thus been adjusted.

Has LX removed seats out of their longhaul planes as well?

laoshu May 15, 2020 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Gioventu (Post 32376516)
Updated long haul timetable for June

JFK (four times weekly)
ORD (twice weekly)
SIN (once weekly)
BKK (once weekly)
NRT (twice weekly)
BOM (three times weekly)
HKG (twice weekly)
JNB (once weekly)

Swiss WorldCargo, SWISS’s air cargo division, will carry additional cargo on these flights to support the global supply chains. The flight times of the intercontinental connections have thus been adjusted.

Has LX removed seats out of their longhaul planes as well?

The question is which day they fly.. on Swiss.com you can book them for any day in June.. and that is bollocks.. expertflyer lists inventory as well.. I guess IT is in la la land again... As a sen I have been loyal to LX for over 10 years for my long hauls from Asia back home to Switzerland. This will probably change now

Gioventu May 15, 2020 1:38 am

Originally Posted by laoshu (Post 32376736)
The question is which day they fly.. on Swiss.com you can book them for any day in June.. and that is bollocks.. expertflyer lists inventory as well.. I guess IT is in la la land again... As a sen I have been loyal to LX for over 10 years for my long hauls from Asia back home to Switzerland. This will probably change now

That's not correct. Above mentioned schedule is valid until 15th of June only. I am based in SIN and need to fly back to ZRH and as per swiss.com, they will fly on following days (Monday & Wednesday, which actually doesn't match with their information that they fly this route once weekly...):

After that it's daily again because the current timetable was updated until 15th of June only. But I agree with you, it would be nice if LX provides a nice overview on all scheduled flights so that one doesn't need to check every single day on their silly booking platform.

Dave_C May 15, 2020 2:38 am

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard (Post 32375623)
Up to June 14th is now published.

Good to know. I've got flights at the end of June so guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

Edited to add, my short-haul feeder flights are no longer in the GDS, but still showing as confirmed in my booking. I'll give it a while to catch up with itself.

Dan1113 May 15, 2020 6:24 am

Has end of June been updated as of today or not yet? Since they have made a big June announcement for LH group.

LoungeLizzard May 15, 2020 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Dan1113 (Post 32377261)
Has end of June been updated as of today or not yet? Since they have made a big June announcement for LH group.

Yes. Complete June seems to be loaded now.

LoungeLizzard May 17, 2020 10:20 am

I am happy to see already now such a solid offer of long haul destinations.

Based on what immigration rules valid today, they may be primarily used for cargo and maybe repatriation, the demand will gradually come back as borders open.

Just scratching my head because I cannot see who or what will be on the BOM flights to require the highest capacity of all long haul destinations.
Interesting also that two (and not one as they wrote) flights to BKK / week are bookable, while at least one of the many Thai authorities yesterday extended the flight ban until end of June.
And China? Really no flights for passengers, despite the currently often multiple cargo flights per day to PEK and/or PVG? But that may be just a question of being politically correct.

testycal May 17, 2020 11:08 am

Honestly....is it foolish to book this and am I asking for trouble given the stories appearing on this forum..available on LX to be booked. TLV to ZUR with Swiss and Edelweiss to YVR return YVR to Frankfurt to Zurich with Lufthansa and to Tel Aviv with El AL
  • Tel Aviv - Vancouver
    25/06/2020
    Operated by EL AL ISRAEL AIRLINES / Operated by EDELWEISS AIR
  • Vancouver - Tel Aviv
    02/11/2020
Edeleweiss site shows as of May 15 it intends to fly its June schedule

Destinations U-Z

Flugroute Flugnummer Daten
Vancouver - Zürich WK11 / LX8011 05.06.2020, 08.06.2020, 12.06.2020, 15.06.2020, 19.06.2020, 22.06.2020, 26.06.2020, 29.06.2020

and then on a different page on the website these same flights are shown as having been cancelled yet Swiss is selling them as is Edelweiss.

They show flight as cancelled but then also show it as a "prospective booking"

And there is no reference to refund if they cancel...just rebooking etc

bestuseofpoints May 17, 2020 11:08 am

I can see that LH is not sheduling FRA-GRU on Thursdays on the new schedule for June. I have this flight booked in J for early July but would rather they cancel so I can get the EC261 refund. Any ideas of the likelihood of Thursday's being brought back in July?