Seat Refund

Old Apr 30, 20, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Seat Refund

Hi,
In February I pre booked return seats with Swiss from Zurich to Malaga. They changed the seating on both flights due to changing the plane type. I asked for a refund upon advice of the check in staff but Swiss would only give me air miles. I believe that I should get my money back as they did not provide the service requested and now they are just ignoring me.
What can I do next?
Thank you for your help.
Old Apr 30, 20, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by seanmac28 View Post
Hi,
In February I pre booked return seats with Swiss from Zurich to Malaga. They changed the seating on both flights due to changing the plane type. I asked for a refund upon advice of the check in staff but Swiss would only give me air miles. I believe that I should get my money back as they did not provide the service requested and now they are just ignoring me.
What can I do next?
Thank you for your help.
Read the Terms and Conditions you accepted..

You didn't book a specific seat like 7A, you booked a window seat. I assume you got that (or, aisle, when reserved aisle..)

For good reasons, no one (especially on short haul - a bit different on long haul, where seat reservations usually stick) does pay for advance seat reservation who knows what it is about.

You should be happy they gave you some miles actually.

You're also in the wrong forum. There is a subforum for Swiss..
Old Apr 30, 20, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Read the Terms and Conditions you accepted..

You didn't book a specific seat like 7A, you booked a window seat. I assume you got that (or, aisle, when reserved aisle..)

For good reasons, no one (especially on short haul - a bit different on long haul, where seat reservations usually stick) does pay for advance seat reservation who knows what it is about.

You should be happy they gave you some miles actually.

You're also in the wrong forum. There is a subforum for Swiss..
Old Apr 30, 20, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. On my phone and didnt realise there was a sub for Swiss but good of you to point it out.
Seats were specific numbers hence my expectation that paying for a booking would be honoured.
Old Apr 30, 20, 2:23 pm

https://www.swiss.com/CMSContent/cor...0factsheet.pdf

Continental flights

The passenger “legally” reserves only a seat characteristic (window, middle, aisle) and seat type (standard, preferred, extra legroom) according to terms and conditions and not a dedicated seat number, hence the seat number assigned to passenger has a generic meaning only

See all details on above PDF.

If you were moved from "aisle preferred zone" to "aisle standard zone" you might have a reason to complain, for example.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: