Covid-19 travel on LX

Old Apr 29, 20, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX Miles & More Senator; BA Executive Club Gold; Bonvoy Titanium
Covid-19 travel on LX

Has anyone arrived back in Geneva (or ZRH) during the period of lockdown? I was wondering what type of arrival procedures there are now with immigration / police. Are you able to enter CH freely with a C Permit, for example? Do you need to give reasons for travelling with proof of (for example) work-related requirements?
Old Apr 29, 20, 11:23 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
The current policies as to who can enter Switzerland are published here. If you are in one of the allowed categories, you can enter. Border agents may ask you questions to determine if you fall in such a category.

As for the proceedure at the airport, relatives arrived in ZRH about 2 weeks ago and they were met by ground agents at the jetway, handing out flyers informing of mandatory and recommeded proceedures (the standard stuff from the Federal office of health) . Everything else was as normal.

Note: All flights are currently treated as "Non-Schengen", i.e. you will always have to clear immigration. Also, travelling outside Switzerland solely for the purpose of shopping is not allowed, and returning residents can be fined CHF100. (This is more directed at land borders but I suppose in principle it applies to air as well).
Old Apr 30, 20, 12:08 am

Programs: LH SEN
You will also need to provide proof of being able to enter Switzerland at your departure point - they won't let you on the plane without it.

Terminal A is completely closed.
Old Apr 30, 20, 3:16 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
What about if you have a B permit? Or can I expect "residents of Switzerland or Liechtenstein" to include those with B permits?
Also, I can't find the United Kingdom anywhere on that list. It's not under Great Britain, England, or just Britain.
It's going to be fun when my UK passport expires...not sure how I am going to get that easily replaced.
Old Apr 30, 20, 4:41 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Also, I can't find the United Kingdom anywhere on that list..
That's because as of today, the UK did not publish any special immigration requirements related to Covid-19.
Old Apr 30, 20, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX Miles & More Senator; BA Executive Club Gold; Bonvoy Titanium
Thank you for your replies.

I guess that means, as a UK citizen and a resident of CH, there's really not much of a difference (aside from lack of flights and lack of passengers!), assuming you don't return with bags of shopping from Selfridges?!
Old May 4, 20, 5:55 am

On another note, is transferring in Zürich completely hassle-free?

As in, if I book a ticket Berlin to Lisbon through Zürich will I have any problem transferring?
Old May 4, 20, 6:50 am

Programs: AC*S100K, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bobhope2 View Post
You will also need to provide proof of being able to enter Switzerland at your departure point - they won't let you on the plane without it.

Terminal A is completely closed.
I had a friend who flew ARN-ZRH yesterday and this was definitely not the case at ARN. No checks of eligibility to enter CH were done at ARN.
Old May 4, 20, 8:19 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by halders1 View Post
Thank you for your replies.

I guess that means, as a UK citizen and a resident of CH, there's really not much of a difference (aside from lack of flights and lack of passengers!), assuming you don't return with bags of shopping from Selfridges?!
Maybe Selfridges is OK, but TESCO wouldn't be?

Seriously, when they introduced the shopping rule what they had in mind are people living in Geneva and going to a big Auchan on the other side of the French border, or people in Kreuzlingen going to Konstanz to fill their car with shopping from ALDI. Not people flying in, as usually they wouldn't carry bottles of mineral water or a family pack of toilet paper with them.
Old May 6, 20, 5:29 am

Programs: TK E *G, HHGold, BW DS
I recently had a flight cancellation from SVQ-MUC and LH rebooked me on EDELWEISS / LX from SVQ-ZUC on May 18th. However, even though they were perfectly capable of doing that, and LX is still selling tickets for that flight, EDELWEISS has it listed as cancelled on their website. To whom should I believe then? How can I figure if the flight is going to take place or not?

Thanks
Old May 9, 20, 7:12 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
What about if you have a B permit? Or can I expect "residents of Switzerland or Liechtenstein" to include those with B permits?
Also, I can't find the United Kingdom anywhere on that list. It's not under Great Britain, England, or just Britain.
It's going to be fun when my UK passport expires...not sure how I am going to get that easily replaced.
Yes, B permits will allow you back into the country. I had some family that had traveled out of the country to South America before things locked down, but they were allowed back in with their B permits. Then they did 14 days quarantine. Should be the same with L permits as well. Though if you're here I would not recommend leaving Switzerland.
Old May 9, 20, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by greg5 View Post
Yes, B permits will allow you back into the country. I had some family that had traveled out of the country to South America before things locked down, but they were allowed back in with their B permits. Then they did 14 days quarantine. Should be the same with L permits as well. Though if you're here I would not recommend leaving Switzerland.
didn’t know there was a quarantine rule when entering Switzerland. Is that for arrivals from any country or only specific ones? Never read or heard about that (and I am quite familiar with the situation and developments in Switzerland)
Old May 10, 20, 2:33 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
didn’t know there was a quarantine rule when entering Switzerland. Is that for arrivals from any country or only specific ones? Never read or heard about that (and I am quite familiar with the situation and developments in Switzerland)
I also have a co-worker who did a self quarantine after returning from Italy. Of course, at the end of that the lockdown had begun. That particular quarantine was required by our company.

The basic rules on self-quarantine are here:
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...arantaene.html
Old May 10, 20, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by greg5 View Post
I also have a co-worker who did a self quarantine after returning from Italy. Of course, at the end of that the lockdown had begun. That particular quarantine was required by our company.

The basic rules on self-quarantine are here:
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...arantaene.html
That one I was aware of. But it's "recommended self-quarantaine", not one imposed by the authorities.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: