What is "The booking class (RBD) in your ticket does not match with the farebase" ?

Old Apr 27, 20, 10:02 am
Original Poster

What is "The booking class (RBD) in your ticket does not match with the farebase" ?

I have a cash booking for an intra-european flight ex-CH on LX for a few months from now. I was just curious about the cancellation and/or rebooking options available now since i doubt that travel will be possible or desirable by then.
When clicking on the "Change Booking" button on the Manage My Booking page, I get the following message: "The booking class (RBD) in your ticket does not match with the farebase. Online rebooking is therefore not possible."
I booked on swiss.com a couple of months ago. the flights are ticketed and paid for. I found that RBD is Reservation Booking Designator but I still don't understand.
Of course I could call but as the flight is not imminent and the call centers are likely overwhelmed, i'd like to avoid that for the moment. Plus, things are in such a precarious state that it's difficult to predict what the situation will be months from now.
Any knowledge or ideas about this error message, what it means, and what i can do to correct it?
Old Apr 29, 20, 9:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It means that the booking class you are booked in doesn't match the fare you paid. I would call, the super busy times are over and call centers should be less busy.
Old Apr 30, 20, 12:11 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
It means that the booking class you are booked in doesn't match the fare you paid. I would call, the super busy times are over and call centers should be less busy.
I thought it would be less busy too, but was still on hold on the Sen line for 30 minutes. It seems to be routed through to Germany now as well? I didn't recognise the agents.
Old Apr 30, 20, 11:16 am
Original Poster

i called Swiss and the wait was surprisingly only a couple of minutes. The cause of the above mentioned error was due to my booking in business (P) being a paid upgrade from Economy as was suggested by Nick Art and sophialite
I'm going to post a new thread about this problem because there's a hitch that is very unfair and it isn't related to this particular flight or the current situation.

Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
A little tipp: From GVA to ARN it is possible to buy an upgrade from Economy to Business (with all benefits) directly in the booking process. Once you select your flight and are on the additional service selection page (before confirming or paying anything) there is an option to buy upgrades. Last time I checked they were priced at 63.- CHF per Oneway (both of your flights).
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
I do this “hack” quite frequently, so I wonder how rigorously this baggage rule is enforced esp for status pax.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: