Current inflight service on LX

Old Apr 24, 20, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, M&M Senator
Current inflight service on LX

Good evening everyone

As you may be aware, BAs current business class offerings are a bottle of water and a cookie. I have to fly with LX to Switzerland for an emergency and was wondering if they went down the same route or if they actually provide a business class service on bord (of some sort) these days or if I just should go for economy?

Many thanks!
Old Apr 24, 20, 2:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Might be worth asking this in the Swiss Forum and not the Lufthansa one.

It would also be worth clarifying if we're looking at longhaul and shorthaul.
Old Apr 24, 20, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Looks to me like the M&M forum and not the Lufthansa (exclusively) forum.

It would be short haul.
Old Apr 24, 20, 3:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Look again. There is a specified forum for Swiss.

It depends on the length of the short haul as well as the time, but usually there is always a small meal included, even on short routes like Zurich to Geneva or Munich.
On routes like to London or Stockholm a full hot (three course, but all served at once) meal is included usually. Breakfast is a cold meal though.
On even longer routes like to Tel Aviv, Moscow or Athens even more choices are available.

If you need a picture let me know and I'll dig one up.
Old Apr 24, 20, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your response. I do know what the offerings under normal circumstances are, but I was interested in the current offerings during the reduced timetable. Apologies if my first post was not clear.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 24, 20, 6:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
No problem Flyinggold , when a moderator sees this thread, (s)he would move it to the dedicated sub-forum for Swiss.
You could access that sub-forum from the top of the main Lufthansa Miles&More forum. It's just located at the top of the page above the ( + New Thread ) button.
Old Apr 25, 20, 2:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Have not flown Swiss recently, so don't know for sure. But on Lufthansa they still serve a tray in business class with a cold plated snack, dessert, a roll, and some chocolates, at least on the intra-German flights I have been on. Drinks are only water in 0.5 liter bottles, but I have also been offered coffee or tea on one morning flight.

On an early morning flight I had cereal with cold milk, as well as a roll with butter and jam, as well as a cake. So not that much different from previous flights, but the crews leave the plastic coverings on.

In economy class they served prepackaged sandwiches and small bottles of water.

Here is a photo of the offering on Monday afternoon from Frankfurt to Berlin:

ermis177 likes this.

Last edited by acjflyer; Apr 25, 20 at 2:19 am Reason: Added photo

Search this Thread
Search Engine: