Wiki Posts
Search

Rebooking clarification?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: SWISS, ALASKA
Rebooking clarification?

I've been monitoring the Swiss Air website for updates and it appears they have expanded on their rebooking options today. Up until yesterday I was under the impression they were only allowing fee free changes for flights through April 30. Am I understanding correctly that now it's for anyone who has travel booked? Our flights are not until May 6th. Our preference at this point is a refund, however we booked our flight through CheapOAir on an economy fare - just not sure what our options are and I'm clearly having difficulties wrapping my head around what I can read on Swiss and CheapOAir''s websites.

Any help is appreciated.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:46 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
I still see the same information on Swiss.com like before, and I expect that this applies also to all online travel agents. Of course any travel agent could extend that date on their own, but it would be out of their own pocket, so I doubt it.

Quote from Swiss.com
This rule applies to tickets booked up to and including 12 March 2020 and having a confirmed travel date up to and including 30 April 2020.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: A3 Silver
I don't understand why Swiss keeps changing the rules. A few days ago this was on Swiss.com. I used my browsers "print PDF" function to take a copy of the page. Now there is no mention of refund for passengers effected by travel bans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.