Lounge strategy in ZRH

Old Mar 15, 20, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Lounge strategy in ZRH

Hi,

I'm arriving in ZRH on United in Polaris from EWR and will connect to a short hop in Swiss business to HAJ in June (hope by the Corona is a non issue). My layover is 3.45h (8;30am - 12:15pm). In the past I always had shorter connections and it never made sense to go lounge shopping .... but now it is different. I always found ZRH nice and easy but never really paid any attention which terminal I landed, departed, .... can anyone provide the info arrival terminal, immigration, customs, security, departure gate .... Thanks!
Does anyone know which lounge would be more convenient or better equipped (to rest a little not really looking for food etc.)? In addition to flying business I have Priority Pass and Amex Platinum but I assume that won't result in better choices.
Old Mar 15, 20, 5:23 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
Hi,

I'm arriving in ZRH on United in Polaris from EWR and will connect to a short hop in Swiss business to HAJ in June (hope by the Corona is a non issue). My layover is 3.45h (8;30am - 12:15pm). In the past I always had shorter connections and it never made sense to go lounge shopping .... but now it is different. I always found ZRH nice and easy but never really paid any attention which terminal I landed, departed, .... can anyone provide the info arrival terminal, immigration, customs, security, departure gate .... Thanks!
Does anyone know which lounge would be more convenient or better equipped (to rest a little not really looking for food etc.)? In addition to flying business I have Priority Pass and Amex Platinum but I assume that won't result in better choices.
PP and Amex will not help you in ZRH (well there are options, if you were in Y and non-status, but they are worse than LX lounges)

E lounges are generally agreed to be the best, from EWR you will arrive in E and clean, so go to the E lounge - business, but if you are *G, Senator. If they tell you you need to be in A, tell them you know, but you would like to stay for a bit in E lounge because of the views and such. Go to A at some time before departure, the transfer with the train is quick, like 5-10 minutes. If you have time, I hear Alpine lounge is OK. If it's open that is, it only is on weekdays.
blitzen likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: