FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Swiss interlining baggage to THAI (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/2012870-swiss-interlining-baggage-thai.html)

k_cheng Mar 14, 2020 7:07 am

Swiss interlining baggage to THAI

I have an upcoming trip from LHR to HKG via ZRH on Swiss, and a separate ticket from HKG to BKK on THAI. Would Swiss check-in agent be able/willing to interline baggage to the THAI flight? I won't be able to enter HK because of a new policy to quarantine all travellers from the Schengen zone... Any past experience would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

LondonElite Mar 14, 2020 7:12 am

They almost certainly won’t. Policy is not to interline on separate tickets. If your trip depends on it, you better go hand baggage only. Also, once you land in Hong Kong you are in Hong Kong, even if you are just transiting. You’re just in an internal zone.

k_cheng Mar 14, 2020 7:17 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32183231)
They almost certainly won’t. Policy is not to interline on separate tickets. If your trip depends on it, you better go hand baggage only. Also, once you land in Hong Kong you are in Hong Kong, even if you are just transiting. You’re just in an internal zone.

Ok thanks. The mandatory quarantine only applies to passengers passing through immigration.

GalaxyChris Mar 16, 2020 1:59 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32183231)

:confused:
Never had problem for interline with Swiss on separate ticket.
To SQ/TG/QR....

ChrisBub Mar 17, 2020 2:25 am

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris (Post 32192057)
To SQ/TG/QR....

Same here, and if anything I would imagine they would be more flexible in this current situation. Then again, they'd have to be sure you'd be allowed to enter Thailand..

SK AAR Mar 17, 2020 8:49 am

I would also expect LX to be prepared to check the bags to final destination (if you show the TG ticket at check-in etc) however, you biggest obstacle will most likely be that by then you will not be allowed to enter Thailand. I bet in a few days you will not be able to complete these flights as you will not be allowed to board at LHR nor HKG. Good luck!

On a different note, why the hexx do you want to travel to Thailand now? (assuming that you are British/live in the UK)

LondonElite Mar 17, 2020 8:55 am

Aside from whether one wants to travel to a specific place at the moment (and face the consequences of local quarantine or problems just getting back home), you have to consider that an airline might not interline on a separate ticket. It can, yes I know that, but if your trip depended on it, because you cannot go landside, then I would not take that risk. Others may have a different risk appetite.

vantage03 Mar 17, 2020 10:12 am

Immigration issues aside...
SWISS at LHR will definitely interlude your bags all the way through. They do it for me on separate tickets all the time, often to non-*A carriers who they have interline agreements with.

k_cheng Mar 18, 2020 6:29 am

Thanks everyone for your responses! I'm very happy to find out Swiss rebooked my return flight to Lufthansa, so I was able to obtain a full refund on the P class tickets. Yeah under the current situation, it's definitely not a good idea to travel, especially FCO has issued travel warning to everywhere in the world.

ExpatSomchai Apr 2, 2021 10:05 am

Does anyone have any recent experience on interlining LX to TG on separate tickets ? Thanks

Nick Art Apr 2, 2021 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris (Post 32192057)
To SQ/TG/QR....

I once interlined LH to SK on HKG-FRA-MUC-ARN-ZRH...
Don't imagine this would be a problem with LX...

BinSabai Apr 2, 2021 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai (Post 33146303)
Does anyone have any recent experience on interlining LX to TG on separate tickets ? Thanks

not recently (as there are hardly any TG flights and international to domestic there is nothing to interline...), but precovid many times on separate tickets and never any problem...so not sure why it should now be a problem

GalaxyChris Apr 2, 2021 11:11 pm

Actually Miles and more propose LX to WE (Thai smile) for destination as Phuket.

If I remember well, actually the transit in BKK is only allowed with the same ticket.

BinSabai Apr 3, 2021 4:03 am

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris (Post 33148000)
Actually Miles and more propose LX to WE (Thai smile) for destination as Phuket.

If I remember well, actually the transit in BKK is only allowed with the same ticket.

I have done this on separate tickets at several occasions...at the moment, there is anyway no transit allowed as people arriving in BKK have to serve quarantine in Bangkok or nearby provinces. you can only do quarantine in Phuket with a direct flight into Phuket