FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Swiss Rebooking policy ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/2012679-swiss-rebooking-policy.html)

asimha Mar 13, 2020 1:55 am

Swiss Rebooking policy ?

Swiss has also released it's rebooking policy (https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/various/breaking-news) and this is a good thing as many of us will need to change our trips (we have a 100% corporate travel ban in effect).
What I don't understand is why this cannot be done online since all Swiss phone lines are busy day and night due to this situation.
Any feedback here ?

airoli Mar 13, 2020 2:45 am

Originally Posted by asimha (Post 32177680)
What I don't understand is why this cannot be done online since all Swiss phone lines are busy day and night due to this situation.
Any feedback here ?

Reality of legacy infrastructure used in the travel ecosystem (airlines / TAs / intermediaries).

The more progressive airlines (DL comes to mind) have invested billions of dollars to improve their abilities to handle IROPS like this, but even for them there are limits with more complex itineraries. Multi-carrier tickets, codeshares, bookings by 3rd parties etc. are tricky to automate.

Like thousands of others, I am on hold with the airlines.

oliver2002 Mar 13, 2020 6:07 am

UNless you have an immediate need to refund/rebook, I wouldn't bother to call in and just wait till things calm down a bit?

ExpatSomchai Mar 13, 2020 5:07 pm

Need some clarity if anyone can help:

For the Covid rebooking policy
This rule applies to tickets booked up to and including 12 March 2020 and having a confirmed travel date up to and including 30 April 2020. Customers are requested to inform us of their desired rebooking by 1 June 2020. No rebooking fees will be charged. If the original fare is no longer available, the corresponding difference must be paid when the rebooking is made. In addition, customers can also rebook to another destination.

Does this mean that say for example I was booked in P class and I find P class available there will be no additional costs or would I pay a fare difference between P class booked and P class to be rebooked?

Lussac Mar 14, 2020 11:58 pm

Further to my post in the other thread I have since found out that our flight (LX1248 on 6th April) has been cancelled and we have been automatically booked onto LX1250 later the same day the trouble is that this flight arrives too late for our onward travel (separate bookings made some time ago). I have tried to get Swiss to change this flight to the previous day as I have a day in hand but they refuse to do anything and say that the original travel agent is the only one who can change the booking. Hereby lies a big problem, I think the original agent is no longer trading as the 'phone lines are "dead"/disconnected and emails/social media remain un-answered so I have no way of getting the flights changed. It would have been good to have been asked if that flight was suitable rather than just change it with no chance to get a more suitable flight.

11277m Mar 15, 2020 7:52 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai (Post 32181230)
Need some clarity if anyone can help:

For the Covid rebooking policy
This rule applies to tickets booked up to and including 12 March 2020 and having a confirmed travel date up to and including 30 April 2020. Customers are requested to inform us of their desired rebooking by 1 June 2020. No rebooking fees will be charged. If the original fare is no longer available, the corresponding difference must be paid when the rebooking is made. In addition, customers can also rebook to another destination.

Does this mean that say for example I was booked in P class and I find P class available there will be no additional costs or would I pay a fare difference between P class booked and P class to be rebooked?

I suspect the airline will be mainly concerned about the price of the tickets rather than the booking class.

Lussac Mar 15, 2020 9:19 pm

Well I got a result in the end. I called Singapore Airlines who issued the original ticket and surprisingly got through on first ring, I explained that it looked as though my booking agent had ceased trading and I needed to change the final flight on the booking as the flight Swiss had moved me to was no good for my onward travel, the agent on the phone said that it was no trouble at all and she could see that Swiss had made changes that were not appropriate so moved me to the requested flight a day earlier so all sorted now and hotel at Arlanda booked for my overnight stay.

Nick Art Mar 16, 2020 3:37 am

Originally Posted by asimha (Post 32177680)
Swiss has also released it's rebooking policy (https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/various/breaking-news) and this is a good thing as many of us will need to change our trips (we have a 100% corporate travel ban in effect).
Any feedback here ?

You might want to remove the booking reference in your picture.

asimha Mar 18, 2020 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art (Post 32192264)
You might want to remove the booking reference in your picture.

Flight has been cancelled so no worries :)

Lussac Mar 18, 2020 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Lussac (Post 32191502)
Well I got a result in the end. I called Singapore Airlines who issued the original ticket and surprisingly got through on first ring, I explained that it looked as though my booking agent had ceased trading and I needed to change the final flight on the booking as the flight Swiss had moved me to was no good for my onward travel, the agent on the phone said that it was no trouble at all and she could see that Swiss had made changes that were not appropriate so moved me to the requested flight a day earlier so all sorted now and hotel at Arlanda booked for my overnight stay.

Oh, well! Just found out that SQ have cancelled our SIN-ZRH-ARL sectors and have left the AKL-SIN in place as that's not cancelled. We are now looking into deferring our return to Europe until late June/July providing that we can get NZ Immigration to extend our visitors visa as we've already been here 5 months, also, will need to seek out accommodation as our house rental here ends on the 31st March and new people are moving in on 1st April.

oliver2002 Mar 19, 2020 4:08 am

As you have noticed, since the ticket is issued by SQ, you have to contact them for any changes/reiusse. SQ will look up the waiver in the system and rebook.

LondonElite Mar 19, 2020 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Lussac (Post 32204098)
Oh, well! Just found out that SQ have cancelled our SIN-ZRH-ARL sectors and have left the AKL-SIN in place as that's not cancelled. We are now looking into deferring our return to Europe until late June/July providing that we can get NZ Immigration to extend our visitors visa as we've already been here 5 months, also, will need to seek out accommodation as our house rental here ends on the 31st March and new people are moving in on 1st April.

Good luck with that!