Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH Lounge Access when transferring long haul business overnight to short hau economy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
ZRH Lounge Access when transferring long haul business overnight to short hau economy

If no *A status will you get access to the business class lounge in ZRH when transferring from long haul international business class to short haul international economy?
Old Feb 29, 2020, 12:30 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The instrumental word is overnight. If your connecting flight in Y is the next day, you will not get lounge access.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by airoli
The instrumental word is overnight. If your connecting flight in Y is the next day, you will not get lounge access.
The actual instrumental wording is no *A status.

In that case, OP will only have lounge access before departing for ZRH. It makes no difference overnight or not given lack of status.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Ok thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by garykung
The actual instrumental wording is no *A status.

In that case, OP will only have lounge access before departing for ZRH. It makes no difference overnight or not given lack of status.
They're both instrumental words...
Old Feb 29, 2020, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by sophialite
They're both instrumental words...
Overnight is not the "word" because even the connection is not overnight, OP will still not be entitled for lounge access after the business class travel.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Overnight is not the "word" because even the connection is not overnight, OP will still not be entitled for lounge access after the business class travel.
oh snap you’re right. Had it reversed (ie if he started in coach and overnighted to a business flight the next day).
Old Mar 1, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
That's the (hypothetical) bit I wasn't sure about. But I am sure that the OP is out of luck in his circumstances.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airoli
But I am sure that the OP is out of luck in his circumstances.
That is the certainty OP and we have to face

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.