Wiki Posts
Search

New A320NEO - seats and cabin layout

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
New A320NEO - seats and cabin layout

I have read in an aviation magazine about the introduction of the A320neo into the fleet. There it says that there are "30 business class seats" and "150 economy class seats" - we know that it's meaningless as they can just move the curtain.

What I found more worrisome is "seats are more comfortable as seat backs are angled at 20% instead of the current 12%", and "in Business class they can even be moved to 26%". To me that reads as if seat backs were fixed now after row 7 or 8, which I would find quite horrible.

Anyone knows more?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:24 am

Programs: LH HON
https://www.20min.ch/finance/news/st...gzeug-26867879

unfortunately in German only....
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I have read in an aviation magazine about the introduction of the A320neo into the fleet. There it says that there are "30 business class seats" and "150 economy class seats" - we know that it's meaningless as they can just move the curtain.

What I found more worrisome is "seats are more comfortable as seat backs are angled at 20% instead of the current 12%", and "in Business class they can even be moved to 26%". To me that reads as if seat backs were fixed now after row 7 or 8, which I would find quite horrible.

Anyone knows more?
Originally Posted by shipsmail
to translate the quote from the article with regards to OP's question:

-Yes, the seats are indeed fixed and do not recline.

also, there are wheelchair-accessible washrooms - that's about it in terms of "news" from the article.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
OK, confirms my fears....

Interesting question is then: which seat rows still have reclineable seat backs? And do the front rows also have more leg room like today? Flying in J or being a SEN/HON might then do the trick as we rarely end up in the back rows.

But even with that workaround, it's lame. And interesting to note that the other airline I fly a lot (Air France) has actually just made the opposite move: from their non-reclineable seats with thin seatbacks to leather upholstered comfy seats with reclineable seat rests. Interesting titbit: their old seats - which are now only left on A318s and the domestic fleet - were called "NEO"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.