overnight connection in ZRH in First

Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
overnight connection in ZRH in First

Excuse me if this has been answered already elsewhere - I have a ticket in First, BUD-ZRH-SFO, with the flight from Budapest arriving in Zürich the evening before the SFO flight. Are there any 'First' services when arriving in Zürich? Can I visit the First Class lounge? Will I get a limo transfer if the flight from Budapest arrives at an apron position?
Thanks in advance
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:54 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
No to all questions. Your "First" services (lounge etc.) start on the day of your First class flight.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
No, you are not considered a F passenger the day before. In your case you are a standard J pax.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:56 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Unfortunately, no F services on the day before your long-haul flight.

It's kind of odd, though, if booked on one ticket and I think LX/LH should have a different policy in place such as "not more than 24 hours before your flight" or similar. Under the current rules, you can fly to ZRH at 6 in the morning, spend 14 hours at the FCL and make excessive use of all of the F services there, before flying out to SIN late at night. If one arrives at 8 p.m. the day before an early morning departure in F, no services at all.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It is strange, I agree, and takes away a bit from the experience.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Thank You all for your responses. It does seem a bit of a shame, but kind of what I expected.... The flight is after lunch so I will be sure to get to the lounge early on the day of the flight to maximise the experience ;-)
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: LH HON
Then again, LX arrival services are basically non existent anyway (no limo on apron etc.) and when overnighting at a hotel, why go to the lounge before..

not much lost
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Unfortunately, no F services on the day before your long-haul flight.

It's kind of odd, though, if booked on one ticket and I think LX/LH should have a different policy in place such as "not more than 24 hours before your flight" or similar. Under the current rules, you can fly to ZRH at 6 in the morning, spend 14 hours at the FCL and make excessive use of all of the F services there, before flying out to SIN late at night. If one arrives at 8 p.m. the day before an early morning departure in F, no services at all.
Yes, CX & SQ for example treat pax on a through F ticket much better
Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, CX & SQ for example treat pax on a through F ticket much better
I see that LX/LH have to limit access somehow, but I am not sure how much sense it makes to deny pax on an F through ticket access, just because their layover at ZRH includes night hours.
snape73 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see that LX/LH have to limit access somehow, but I am not sure how much sense it makes to deny pax on an F through ticket access, just because their layover at ZRH includes night hours.
Makes no sense to me, I doubt many pax would make use of FCL access on a through overnight ticket but it just makes them look cheap compared to CX & SQ & OW lounge access rules are much more generous period.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Makes no sense to me, I doubt many pax would make use of FCL access on a through overnight ticket but it just makes them look cheap compared to CX & SQ & OW lounge access rules are much more generous period.
I would probably use it once in a decade, but the current LX rule feels cheap. Particularly in winter, I sometimes fly to ZRH the night before an early long-haul flight I cannot miss. I stay at a hotel at my own expense to minimize the risk of a misconnection, which benefits LX as well; so they may as well let me in for a meal and a drink.
chris63 and snape73 like this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would probably use it once in a decade, but the current LX rule feels cheap. Particularly in winter, I sometimes fly to ZRH the night before an early long-haul flight I cannot miss. I stay at a hotel at my own expense to minimize the risk of a misconnection, which benefits LX as well; so they may as well let me in for a meal and a drink.
Yes, and I think a First Class ticket should be a F experience from the beginning, your also possibly connecting from another hub with F facilities & that could be subject to a delay, and maybe that delay is caused by LH group failings, pax ought to be able to use the F facilities in that event also.
IAN-UK and worldclubber like this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:10 am

Programs: AA Exp
I was (once) permitted to access the LH FCL in Frankfurt the night before my First Class flight by just asking. That was during a period of strikes that resulted in me having to be rebooked several times, so they probably made an exception for that reason. Still, never hurts to just ask.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by gnargel
I was (once) permitted to access the LH FCL in Frankfurt the night before my First Class flight by just asking. That was during a period of strikes that resulted in me having to be rebooked several times, so they probably made an exception for that reason. Still, never hurts to just ask.
I once asked at ZRH in friendliest way possible and the answer was an emphatic no.

Doesn’t make much sense to me. When I fly MUC-ZRH-destination on one day on an F ticket, I can access an FCL twice (at MUC and ZRH, technically 2 FCLs per airport). But when I fly to ZRH the night before the long-haul flight from a smaller airport that has less frequent connections, hence the earlier feeder, and no F facilities at all, I can only access the FCLs at ZRH once, i.e. in the morning before the long-haul.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:48 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by gnargel
I had an overnight connection LCY-FRA-SFO in F in 2018. Plane arrived at apron position and there was a car waiting for me to take me to the terminal/baggage claim. I was surprised and didn’t expect that at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.