Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I use United Polaris Lounge then walk to TBIT?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Can I use United Polaris Lounge then walk to TBIT?

I am flying with Swiss Business class from LAX to Zurich. At LAX, I understand that the terminal should be Tom Bradley. But can enter the United Polaris Lounge terminal and use the United Polaris Lounge instead? Then walk to the Tom Bradley afterwards without having to clear security again? I plan to print my boarding pass and go through security to the United Polaris Lounge.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:48 pm

Yes, you can. There is airside connection so that you can walk from T7 to TBIT so no second security clearance, but note it takes a good 20 minute walk, so leave enough time before your boarding time.
The Polaris lounge at LAX is very nice, enjoy the table service restaurant, good cocktails and nice apron views.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by view
Yes, you can. There is airside connection so that you can walk from T7 to TBIT so no second security clearance, but note it takes a good 20 minute walk, so leave enough time before your boarding time.
The Polaris lounge at LAX is very nice, enjoy the table service restaurant, good cocktails and nice apron views.
awesome! Thank you. Does T7 connect to T3 and T2 at all without clearing security? Sorry I know this is beyond what my question was.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by flybie
awesome! Thank you. Does T7 connect to T3 and T2 at all without clearing security? Sorry I know this is beyond what my question was.
That should be doable now as Delta runs a shuttle service from TBIT to T3 and T2. However that must be pretty tedious as you first need to walk the connector from T7 via T6, T5, T4, TBIT and then catch a shuttle bus service between TBIT and T3 and T2.

You can have a look at the information here: https://upgradedpoints.com/getting-b...ls-LAX-airport
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Oh that may be too tedious. I have to send a friend off with delta flight T3 and T2. My thought is to go with him past security, then when he’s off, I walk to T7 or shuttle to T7, then walk to TBiT for flight. Based on what you said, I have to go to T2 or 3 first the shuttle to TBIT then walk to T7 and back. Lots of work. Thanks for answering though.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Is it nicer than the *A lounge in TBIT? The outdoor patio is quite nice, especially in the evening.

maybe the OP needs to make time for both.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by BenSenise
Is it nicer than the *A lounge in TBIT? The outdoor patio is quite nice, especially in the evening.

maybe the OP needs to make time for both.
Would definitely recommend to visit both. Polaris has the restaurant (unfortunately in a dark back corner, no view at all) and the TBIT lounge has the patio. On a dry day, I would try to experience both.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BenSenise
Is it nicer than the *A lounge in TBIT?
The food in Polaris is very good, and it's less crowded than *A lounge, which can get unpleasantly crowded late afternoon through the evening TATL departures. Both are overall excellent lounges.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
The food in Polaris is very good, and it's less crowded than *A lounge, which can get unpleasantly crowded late afternoon through the evening TATL departures. Both are overall excellent lounges.
I wouldn't say "very good" but rather above average. The a la carte restaurant service is what really makes the Polaris restaurant different. But the menu is small (similar to the menu in the *A F-section), service can be very sloooooow and food is OKish. On our last visit, 3 of the 4 items we received, including fish & chips, were well below the quality of an average off-airport restaurant.

True, the Polaris lounge is only crowded before the UA flights (particularly morning and evening).
Old May 22, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I am flying LAX-ORD-FRA (UA domestic F for the first segment and then LH 'real' F). Did I interpret the lounge access rules correctly that, despite my international F ticket, I do not have access to the Polaris lounge in LAX?
But I believe that I can at least use the 'normal' UA club at LAX T7 (due to my *A/SEN status)?
I was also wondering if I read correctly that both the Polaris and the UA clubs in ORD close already at 9:00 PM? For me, that would mean no lounge at all for my layover in ORD, as I am departing at 10:35 PM on LH433 (and arrive at 8:22 PM from LAX). Any other lounge options?
Old May 22, 2023, 9:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Not really. B18 UCC and C18 Polaris close at 9pm. Polaris only in ORD:

*** Customers may only access a United Polaris lounge at the departure airport for their international first or business class flight. ***
Viennafly likes this.
Old May 23, 2023, 1:28 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Not really. B18 UCC and C18 Polaris close at 9pm. Polaris only in ORD:
Thanks oliver2002!
Initially, as for my outbound flight, I wanted to return via ZRH on LX41, but then LX decided to cancel LX40/41 on wednesdays in the winter flight plan. As I cannot fly a day earlier/later and the direct LH flight to FRA was/is F8A0 and did not want to pay for an F-fare, I decided to return via ORD. In addition, the late ORD-FRA flight was on the B748, which I wanted to fly again and furthermore I thought spending my 2.5h layover in the Polaris lounge would be nice. But two days after I booked, LH changed the B748 to the A346 and now I find out that the Polaris lounge will close ~30 min after my scheduled arrival in ORD ...
Old May 24, 2023, 1:01 pm

bags

For those that fly Swiss out of TBIT but are using the T7 Polaris lounge, are you checking luggage in TBIT then walking 20 min to T7 and 20 min back? Or can one check luggage in T7 with United?
Old May 24, 2023, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld
For those that fly Swiss out of TBIT but are using the T7 Polaris lounge, are you checking luggage in TBIT then walking 20 min to T7 and 20 min back? Or can one check luggage in T7 with United?
You need to check your bags at TBIT unfortunately.

Having done it a couple of times time permitting, the novelty certainly wears off as Polaris lounge is good but not great, food can be average at times but table service is nice, bar is good and lounge is often quiet. The pho station, manned bar and outdoor terrace at TBIT Star alliance lounge are pretty good I find so I am happy there.

Last few times I have used Polaris lounge when connecting at LAX from United flights, since that is where you arrive anyway before the walk over to TBIT.
worldclubber likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 3:29 pm

You need to check your bags at TBIT unfortunately.

Having done it a couple of times time permitting, the novelty certainly wears off as Polaris lounge is good but not great, food can be average at times but table service is nice, bar is good and lounge is often quiet. The pho station, manned bar and outdoor terrace at TBIT Star alliance lounge are pretty good I find so I am happy there.
Fully agree: LAX Polaris didn’t impress me, found EWR and ORD much better. Used to walk over from TBIT, but can survive at the *A lounge, particularly when the terrace is open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.