Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss moving from PEK to PKX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Swiss moving from PEK to PKX

I just received an email from Swiss that they will be moving their Beijing flights from PEK (Capital) to PKX (Daxing, the brand new one), as of March 28.

Having just departed from PKX this morning on BA I can confirm that this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The airport is in the middle of nowhere but very far from it’s capacity therefore so far very efficient.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Since the airport is not yet fully utilized it enabled LX to finnally get much better slots. The route was very poorly performing, hence with the new timings they will hopefully be able to improve both loads and yields on the route.
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:21 am

The route was almost always overbooked in Y since they must have offered extremely cheap prices. I think my OpUp rate on it was something like 90% Y->C (over the base of 7 or 8 years and around 15 RTs)

But the flying schedule was really brutal PEK->ZRH (and I didn't liked it either ZRH->PEK) - albeit it meant you could use a taxi/didi without worry about traffic, but you literally gave away your last nights proper sleep and at least for me, jetlag was worse when compared with proper daytime flights (like the 1pm departures that reach Europe roughly 6pm)

Probably new flight schedule means less cheap Y prices and less OpUps thus, so a bit sad But for premium travel, definitely a big improvement.
Mozart0815 and chris63 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.