Zimmerli pajamas closest to the LX F version?

Old Jan 21, 20, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Zimmerli pajamas closest to the LX F version?

I'm trying to determine which Zimmerli pajamas for sale thru their web site are closest to the version distributed in F on Swiss. I'm guessing it's these (https://www.zimmerli.com/us_en/8500-...-9540-450.html) but I don't really know. I like the set I got on a flight in November and was hoping to order some more, since I don't know when my next LX F flight might be.

Anyone reading this and know which ones to get for sure?

thanks,
Bob
Old Jan 21, 20, 6:28 pm

This does not answer your original questions, but I have seen them fairly often on ebay. but mainly in Switzerland/Germany.
airoli and chris63 like this.
Old Jan 22, 20, 1:15 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Unterwegs View Post
This does not answer your original questions, but I have seen them fairly often on ebay. but mainly in Switzerland/Germany.
Yes, they are on eBay & much cheaper than buying a set from Zimmerli or a retailer.
Old Jan 22, 20, 1:06 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
The quality of the PJ's found on in F is not comparable to the ones for sale directly by the company, which are probably one of the best you will find worldwide, which also will explain the price. The PJ's of LX F are very good and comfortable, I actually use only these at home but can't be compared to the "real" thing. LX used to have for a short while PJ's which were of a higher quality on the A340's as a compensation for the inferior product.
Old Jan 22, 20, 2:43 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by LXA350 View Post
LX used to have for a short while PJ's which were of a higher quality on the A340's as a compensation for the inferior product.
The A340 edition of LX F PJs are probably the best airline PJs I ever got. Wish they would have them on all flights.
Old Jan 23, 20, 4:04 am

Programs: LH HON
The quality of the PJ's found on in F is not comparable to the ones for sale directly by the company, which are probably one of the best you will find worldwide, which also will explain the price. The PJ's of LX F are very good and comfortable, I actually use only these at home but can't be compared to the "real" thing. LX used to have for a short while PJ's which were of a higher quality on the A340's as a compensation for the inferior product.
agreed. And Iím not sure if the LX PJs are actually made by Zimmerli, or outsourced. Either way, the true cost of the PJs to LX canít be more than $15 USD.
Old Jan 23, 20, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
And Iím not sure if the LX PJs are actually made by Zimmerli, or outsourced. Either way, the true cost of the PJs to LX canít be more than $15 USD.
It says Zimmerli on the label & donít see that itís in their interests to damage the brand reputation, they are the best airline PJís out there.
Iím sure LX get a good deal.
Old Jan 23, 20, 4:24 am

Having looked at the Zimmerli range in store, I prefer the LX variety & since they are 100% fine cotton they seem entirely the real thing to me.
Old Jan 23, 20, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
It says Zimmerli on the label & donít see that itís in their interests to damage the brand reputation, they are the best airline PJís out there.
Iím sure LX get a good deal.
Iím not sure the label tells us much. We know for a fact, for instance, that Rimowa doesnít make the amenity kits, despite the fact that the Rimowa brand is on the kit.

And Iím pretty sure Bally doesnít make the LX kit either. Itís licensing.

In terms of quality, yes theyíre 100% cotton so thatís good, but nothing special. But again canít cost more than $15 to make and maybe $40 to actually purchase in a store if it was available to purchase.
Old Jan 23, 20, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
Iím not sure the label tells us much. We know for a fact, for instance, that Rimowa doesnít make the amenity kits, despite the fact that the Rimowa brand is on the kit.

And Iím pretty sure Bally doesnít make the LX kit either. Itís licensing.

In terms of quality, yes theyíre 100% cotton so thatís good, but nothing special. But again canít cost more than $15 to make and maybe $40 to actually purchase in a store if it was available to purchase.
I donít think you can compare the Amenity Kits with Pyjamas , save for a branding.

The Zimmerli are a direct comparison to the garments they make & sell, I would be astonished if they are made by anyone else.
Old Jan 23, 20, 5:31 am

I think I can make the comparison, considering the circumstances in which theyíre offered. Suffice it to say Iím not sure that having a brand on an item is proof that itís made by the company.

I would be astonished if they were actually made by Zimmerli. But Iíd be happy to be proven wrong here.
Old Jan 23, 20, 5:51 am

Interesting to note that the Swiss website states: ďOn night flights you'll be given some pyjamas that have been specially designed for SWISS by Zimmerli.Ē You can elide ďdesignĒ with ďmanufacture,Ē but if we are to be precise we know thereís a significant gap between designing something versus actually making it.
Old Jan 23, 20, 6:26 am

Programs: LX SEN
The tag on my LX zim pj does not indicate where it was made in, though I have trouble reading it.

I have a bought zim pj and I will compare, as soon as I can find it.

I heard that LH is a hard bargainer when it comes to caviar supply (LH offers a price that only Chinese producers can meet). It may be the same for LX's pjs. This being said, it is also a efficient way for Zimmerli to adverstise itself. Hence we cannot exclude that Zimmerli sells good quality products at a low price to LX. But it could also be the outlet product range, if Zimmerli has one. It would be interesting to know.

It is true that the words "specially designed for SWISS by Zimmerli" are suspicious.
Old Jan 23, 20, 6:33 am

I own a few Zimmerli pyjamas and the quality is superior. This doesnít prove that the F pyjamas arenít made by LX either.

The garment given to F passengers is 100% cotton. The weave isnít any finer than what youíd find at a discount high street store. And the tailoring isnít so unique or high quality to suggest that there was any craftsmanship in its construction.

I struggle to believe itís more than $15 to manufacture. Probably not more than $10 if made using immoral labor practices.
Old Jan 23, 20, 6:36 am

Seems clear to me that they are Ďrealí Zimmerli pyjamas

Search this Thread
Search Engine: