Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zimmerli pajamas closest to the LX F version?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nick Art
While generally that might be culturally true, the LX F cabin is definitely not the place to live this out and even for european standards I find this quite inconsiderate.
I still think of this behaviour as quite degenerative, especially since the whole cabin is more often than not unwillingly witnessing it.
Its got better with the new LX suites, you are able to see less of the horrors, however over at LH it’s still a horror show...
Old Jan 29, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
While generally that might be culturally true, the LX F cabin is definitely not the place to live this out and even for european standards I find this quite inconsiderate.
Depends on who is doing it.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 4:57 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Depends on who is doing it.
The flight attendant did tell me that some of the people who did this were quite attractive.

No thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by sophialite
The flight attendant did tell me that some of the people who did this were quite attractive.
Once I sat in 1K on a B748 and a well-know super-model was in 1A. I wouldn't have stopped her from changing in her seat.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:52 am

Once I sat in 1K on a B748 and a well-know super-model was in 1A. I wouldn't have stopped her from changing in her seat.
There aren't enough of us (women, not supermodels) in F! I'd love to see the demographics of F flyers on LH and Swiss, but IME it's almost entirely full of men of a certain race and age. We need to represent.

It's why I like the LX PJs even more. Genuinely a good pyjama for both sexes. I detest the LH womens PJs because the sleeve are 3 quarter and don't cover the lower arm, so it can get chilly there. I usually just ask for the mens version.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might never recover from that

I doubt She would have been seen dead in a pair of LH VL, jammies ......
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: LX SEN
Unless one is a snake, it appears to me that it is easier to change clothes while standing in a bathroom, rather than on a seat or bed.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:49 am

There aren't enough of us (women, not supermodels) in F! I'd love to see the demographics of F flyers on LH and Swiss, but IME it's almost entirely full of men of a certain race and age. We need to represent.

It's why I like the LX PJs even more. Genuinely a good pyjama for both sexes. I detest the LH womens PJs because the sleeve are 3 quarter and don't cover the lower arm, so it can get chilly there. I usually just ask for the mens version.
My +1 also always asks for the mens version.

Concerning the demographics: It is probably changing gradually, not much I could do about it.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by chris63
You might never recover from that

I doubt She would have been seen dead in a pair of LH VL, jammies ......
Most certainly not, she didn't even want anyone to see her face, hence wearing a grey hoodie.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nic33
Unless one is a snake, it appears to me that it is easier to change clothes while standing in a bathroom, rather than on a seat or bed.
The smaller of the 2 LX closets, is a challenge for anyone except a Snake & why is it the cockpit crew always seem to use the big one ?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:59 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I think the number provided by LH was 20%.

Being part of an F flying minority by being one of the under 30 year olds I'd suggest LH to pay subventions to us.

Or we could have the seats distributed to minorities.
Sarcasm aside, I think such an attempt would be the opposite of equality.

I'd argue that the distribution of the target market for LH F is quite similar to the one of the people actually flying F.
People in leadership positions in Europe that warrant flying F currently happen to be mostly white males in their 40s-60s.
This will most probably gradually change in the next few decades, but not in the near future. I think forcing this change might do more harm than good, as it is already happening naturally anyway.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:05 pm

I think the number provided by LH was 20%.

Being part of an F flying minority by being one of the under 30 year olds I'd suggest LH to pay subventions to us.

Or we could have the seats distributed to minorities.
Sarcasm aside, I think such an attempt would be the opposite of equality.

I'd argue that the distribution of the target market for LH F is quite similar to the one of the people actually flying F.
People in leadership positions in Europe that warrant flying F currently happen to be mostly white males in their 40s-60s.
This will most probably gradually change in the next few decades, but not in the near future. I think forcing this change might do more harm than good, as it is already happening naturally anyway.
oh yah I agree
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:43 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Always had the impression that it was the „horror“ for many Americans and a non-event for most Europeans.
A plane being a public space with a mixed audience, I not only would never change in the cabin, but am even not using the trouser part of the pyjama wearing comfortable cotton trousers. To be REALLY comfortable I would not need a pyjama at all, but just a nice fresh duvet. But this at home only of course!

And I am certainly not prudish, but simply considerate.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by behuman
A plane being a public space with a mixed audience, I not only would never change in the cabin, but am even not using the trouser part of the pyjama wearing comfortable cotton trousers.

And I am certainly not prudish, but simply considerate.
Since the airlines give these trousers to be worn on board, your and their definitions of „prudish“ and „considerate“ may be different.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:07 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Since the airlines give these trousers to be worn on board, your and their definitions of „prudish“ and „considerate“ may be different.
This is just me and everybody should do as comfortable. Of course the pyjama trousers are an option, but not mandatory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.